VP V6 no injector pulse

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Sad Nor Working
cars: VR Commodore

Re: VP V6 no injector pulse

Post by Sad Nor Working »

Have spark yes.
Engine can run but plugs dry as injectors dont open
Sad Nor Working

Like I said everything works and goes 100%
Only thing thats not happening is neg pulse to injectors from ecu.
Otherwise engine would be running.
I know its got to be a wire or earth somewhere but the hell if I can find it?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It could be security, check the key and the ring around the steering. If vats is on and the key is not seen it wont fire the injectors. Also check the BCM as its the part that communicates with the key.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Sad Nor Working

Nope your way behind Antus.
Its all done
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Could be a shorted fuel injector try unplugging one injector then try to start it, if it doesn't start plug injector wiring back on then repeat on the rest.
hilux86
cars: 1986 toyota hilux
1994 ED falcon

Post by hilux86 »

Sad Nor Working wrote:Nope your way behind Antus.
Its all done
having similar problems with a VR V6 in a hilux, engine will start on aerostart and there is fuel pressure at the rail.

what was the solution in the end?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Do you have vats removed in the tune or it won't fire the injectors
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
hilux86
1994 ED falcon

Post by hilux86 »

yeah VATS has been removed (ecu is not from the same vehicle as motor, both from an AUTO VR commo though). Just did a check engine light test and got code 83? (automatic transmission code?? unfamiliar with this code - not sure if this could be related to no start problem), injector wires (all injectors checked) - one wire has 12v contant and the other has 12v and does flash the test light when cranking but no fuel is being injected (plugs dont appear to be getting wet). Spark has been checked and as mentioned earlier engine will run on aerostart.

I have a spare ECU (the one from the same car as the engine/ trans) however this still has VATS. any recommendations on how/ where to get the VATS removed (located sunshine coast QLD) so i can rule out ECU faults.

Cheers
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Do you have the fuel hoses round the right way pressure in passenger side rail and then out the regulator back to the tank
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
hilux86
1994 ED falcon

Post by hilux86 »

yeah fuel hoses are on correctly (pressure into damper the at rear of engine then into passenger side rail, return out of reg on drivers side). fuel can be heard returning into the tank when fuel pump is on. Fuel pump "primes" for a couple of seconds when key is turned to "ON/Run" which seems normal, however after the engine has been cranked and the key returned from START to ON position the fuel pump continues to run for a good 10-20seconds and fuel can be heard running through the return in the tank (is this normal?)

I'm a curious to know what inputs the ECU uses to determine when the fuel pump should run as there does not appear to be a fuel pressure sensor on the engine? Cheers