TPMS For Non HSV VF Commodores

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VFSSVR

TPMS For Non HSV VF Commodores

Post by VFSSVR »

Hi

I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help me with something I've been trying to do.

I own a 2013 VF SSVR. In October 2014 The Craig Lowndes Edition VF SSVR was released with TPMS, unfortunately normal VF SSVR's like mine didn't get TPMS.

I purchased the TPMS used in the Craig Lowndes Edition and had a Holden dealership fit these to my wheels. I "thought", just like VE's that Holden could program these up as there is a module that is the wireless receiver and brains of the setup. This module on our cars is tied to the keyless entry system (RCDLR). Then it direct links to the BCM. So I thought I needed the sensors, reprogram of the receiver and BCM reprogram.

When the Holden tech plugs his computer into the vehicle to attempt to do this to the BCM, he must enter the vehicles VIN otherwise nothing will happen. When the vehicles VIN is entered into the computer it then brings up the "RPO" codes assigned to the cars VIN. If it doesn't have the RPO code/s it can't be done apparently. This guy really tried, even rang Holden engineers and said if it's in the Craig Lowndes SSVR which is the exact same vehicle as the normal SSVR with the exception of some decals, rear Brembo's and TPMS why can't it be done to a normal SSVR. It was the Holden Engineer that explained to him about the RPO's assigned to the VIN.

Can anyone assist me with this?

Thank you in advance :)
Gareth

Re: TPMS For Non HSV VF Commodores

Post by Gareth »

sorry don't know the answer to this but am very interested in how this goes, I have done a few VE's and they are no problem, this looks to be a whole other headache :wtf:

Tazzi might have an answer on this?

(for those playing at home TPMS = Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
VFSSVR

Post by VFSSVR »

Thanks Biggvl. I actually went and specifically purchased the genuine Craig Lowndes Edition TPMS too just to make the job easier and these cost $600 for the 4 of them. The problem seems to be that according to the Holden engineers you can't manually program these RPO's into the BCM, and this is what has apparently changed from the VE's.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Have a talk to the member on here "Tazzi" he will set you straight.
VFSSVR

Post by VFSSVR »

Thank you :)
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

VFSSVR wrote:Thanks Biggvl. I actually went and specifically purchased the genuine Craig Lowndes Edition TPMS too just to make the job easier and these cost $600 for the 4 of them. The problem seems to be that according to the Holden engineers you can't manually program these RPO's into the BCM, and this is what has apparently changed from the VE's.
Ahhhhh right I see. Sounds like this is going to be one of these "unique" programming requirements that Holden will say "Cant be done".
Perfect example of this is Holden saying a second hand VE EBCM cannot be reprogrammed to suit another car.... bollocks.. It can, they are just limited to what their scantools say! :lol:

Pitty VF components are so expensive, bet these RPO codes could be easily reprogrammed using the right gear just like on VE's.
It will be along the lines of.. security unlock device, read DID, change required bits/RPO codes, write DID.,
Ill probably have to rent out a VF to play with it for a couple days I think :lol:

Unfortunately Im not too much help here! Im still looking for VF parts that dont cost $500 second hand!. If I had a BCM,Mylink,Cluster and TPMS on my bench setup, I could probably attempt to modify the codes and enable the TPMS.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

There is another company doing similair stuff to VE's not sure on VF though.
Ultimate Conversion Wiring. Maybe worth a try.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Right, got a bit more information about it all.

So, it seems the was a bit of a change not that long ago, in that the new sps system only allows certain parameters depending on your RPO codes. Originally before the changeover, there were no "greyed" out options and anything could be selected.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

so in theory its a matter of sniffing what the SPS does to add that function, and manually sending the packets yourself? there is no limitation in the actual cars bcm?
VFSSVR

Post by VFSSVR »

Hi Jayme

I'm near Byron bay if that is of any help to you?

Tazzi, thanks for the PM reply mate and the information. My VF SSVR is a mid 2013 model. is this something prior to the change over to the new SPS system that could be "back doored"? so to speak?

I'm happy to do what I can to help someone work this out.

What really shits me (excuse my French) is that in the USA, you contact GM Techline and they custom build a VIN specific RPO and charge you about $100. I've used all genuine Holden parts yet when you ask them if they can simply add the RPO to my VIN they laugh.