TPMS For Non HSV VF Commodores

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Cobalt
cars: Katie Wagon

Re: TPMS For Non HSV VF Commodores

Post by Cobalt »

Emulation is the only way really as there is no setting I'm aware of to do it.

If you could extract the code from the mcu then reverse the compiled code and remove it....maybe ....... but would be a massive task compared to just emulating the airbags.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Cobalt wrote:Until I actually have time or the willngness to sniff the packets and reverse the protocol this is the only wy to get TPMS Working I can do. Tazzi hasgone quiet, it seems, on the VF Stuff
The other work/software Iv been working has unfortunately taken all my free time!
Quiet yes, but definitely not stopped.. far from it! :thumbup:
TPMS can readily be programmed into a cluster to suit the next car, as well as a few other menus locked away in the clusters.
Will hopefully have a dedicated R&D VF Commy sometime soon to attack VIM and EDI implementations.
Cobalt wrote:For the GTS I can remove the security, program the cluster as a wagon using a Clubsport Tourer VIN and then Pair it back to the sedan BCM. This will not resolve the images on the GTS MyLink for edi and parking sensors but that is not the end of the world. I may be able to program the EDI as a wagon but until that is all together I wont know. I dont want to it show as a Clubsport or remove the accssr to the MRC so I will leave well enough alone and put up with the incorrect pctures. :twisted:

I know this is now possible and have the procedures to make it happen without concern. 8-) 8-) 8-)
There isnt an over the comms programming option available for the EDI just like its VE predecessor. :thumbup:
Biggvl wrote:
Cobalt wrote:You can change the bcm vin.
EBCM = electronic brake control module

also known as ABS module, these are a 'one time programmable module', like the SRS.

I am aware of being able to change the VIN in the BCM, have done many.
As VN said, EBCM can have its VIN reprogrammed. As a major module in the car, you can probably see why they made the EBCM locked to one vehicle to prevent mis-configurations since vehicle configuration is saved in the EBCM.

SRS on the other hand, that does appear to be a proper "one time only" module. I imagine there would be a hidden option to modify somewhere to allow it but its still eluding me.. :hmm:
Biggvl wrote:Sorry to thread jack, but does anyone know a way of stoping the cluster from reporting srs faults when srs isn't present?
We've done a few conversions using ALL of a wrecked commodore, the latest being a 32 ford that uses the commodore floor and firewall, all suspension, interior, etc.. For engineering srs isn't allowed. I gave up trying to work out how to make the cluster ignore srs, so we built a resister pack to lie to the srs module about the presence of componants...hence the question
Interesting setup!.
Best way through that is simulation. I do it on the bench setup to prevent the headache of all headaches from constant beeps and warnings.

Cobalt wrote:Emulation is the only way really as there is no setting I'm aware of to do it.
If you could extract the code from the mcu then reverse the compiled code and remove it....maybe ....... but would be a massive task compared to just emulating the airbags.
Massive is probably an understatement on that :lol:
But definitely something that should have been added in... Wonder what they do for the V8 super cars?? Guess they would also be doing it for the newer VF ones?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

The V8 Supercars at Vf in name only. They have never see any Vf wiring and user motec stuff.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Cobalt wrote:The V8 Supercars at Vf in name only. They have never see any Vf wiring and user motec stuff.
I spy with my little eye... a mylink... and instrument cluster :)

Gareth

Post by Gareth »

isn't the mylink only used as a screen for advertising?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

from what i've seen yep!
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Biggvl wrote:isn't the mylink only used as a screen for advertising?
Id say so!. Been trying to find a video of the dash while driving although havent found anything yet.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

They alternate different sponsors logo's
vsboost

Post by vsboost »

Any update to this?
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

Tazzi wrote:
Cobalt wrote:The V8 Supercars at Vf in name only. They have never see any Vf wiring and user motec stuff.
I spy with my little eye... a mylink... and instrument cluster :)

That's a carbon fibre panel that's empty. Holden paid 888 to have it made to make it look more like the roadcar. The motec dask is in the carbon pod on the steering column.