VN 276 crane CAM TUNE

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vn_ss_cm
cars: VN SS

VN 276 crane CAM TUNE

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Hello guys Ive got a crane 276 cam in my vn Im using the vs 276 bin tune(from here http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... =140#p9771)...I copied the VE tables, Spark tables and Idle table to a standard VN 5L bin file...I have got the car idle fine but as soon as you turn the aircon on the idle starts hunting sometimes stalling what can I adjust in tuner pro? and sometimes when slowing down with aircon off..no load it tries to hold revs :rant: cheers guys
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VN 276 crane CAM TUNE

Post by Dylan »

Post up your .bin file. Do you have access to a wideband?

There's some differences between VN and VR tunes. With charge temp injector dead times and other's.
Sounds like you have access to a burner. Might be worth going to a bigger eprom and goong to 12P.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I downloaded the VR276manual tune from that thread. Copied over all the differences (lots of stuff) this is as direct copy as you could get.
Its copied to $DB BDJH (VP Clubsport 200kw motor tune) The VR tune has minor changes from a stock VR tune, but Theres a lot of changed between VN and VR that can change things a lot. Just compare this bin the stock BDJH.

Also in that custom tune thread is a 276 auto tune. From a quick look very similar except the VE MIGHT be a little different.
If that's the one you used let me know and I'll out that VE in.

Ill do another with a few little changes to maybe help as well.
Attachments
BJKS276TOBDJH.BIN
(16 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Have a look at this one. USE AT OWN RISK.

Few spark mods and AFR changes. The hunting is usually a sign of a lean idle or spark and VE jumping around between cells, I richened and smoothed the idle ve cell's and bumped up the idle spark a bit. And increased the idle AFR a bit.
The hanging throttle on decell, I've dropped the throttle IAC steps see how that goes.

Id recommend setting base idle to ensure there's not excessive IAC steps at idle. Also verifying the base timing is at 10 degrees.
Also well worth your time getting a wideband and fitting a USB comms board to the ecu and dialling this thing in spot on.
Converting this to 12P and ripping into it!
Attachments
276bdjh2.BIN
(16 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

THanks for the tunes dylan will try them tommorow on my day off! Ive been putting it off but maybe I will need to get the comms board...what would I need to use
12P? ive made the cable to use with WINALDL but cannot get it to work on my laptop...worked once and thats it! Mods are Flat top pistons, 276 crane cam, extractors, VT 5L injectors, 3 inch single exhaust mace style intake. I've tried the 1st tune that you modified it drove ok but when cold it felt like I was riding a horse.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Run whatever one feels best.
Get a USB comms board and NVRAM from Antus.
Get a wideband from www.14point7.com get the Spartan 2 model.

Set up a tune in 12P and go from there. With the VT 5 litre injectors you will need to get the settings from the VT tune they will be way different thsn VN or VR. Also I think they ran at 3.5 bar fuel pressure?
It's probably pretty lean over all.
If so just fit a VT fuel pressure reg with VT injector settings.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Just had a quick look (Memcal ID tool) VT 5 litre is 3 bar fuel pressure, but ms add on times and dead times are way different.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Maybe try this one? Set for VT injectors cold AFR table bit richer and a slight VE tweak.
Hopefully can get it a bit more driveable for you but well worth getting the gear and doing it properly.
It will run so much better, better economy and more power.
Attachments
276bdjh3.BIN
(16 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Yeah Might have to get the gear hey get this beast running spot on!! with that wide band will I need a gauge or I can run it off my laptop? Current tuning gear consist of a williem burner, lenovo laptop using a SST27SF512 eeprom.

Thanks Dylan will give that a try you rock :punk: will get a VT fuel pressure regulator...
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Your fuel reg will be right both are 3 bar. VT V6 is 3.5 I wasn't sure on the V8. False alarm.
You wire that wideband to the ecu and it's logged with all the other data over ALD. It's the go.