VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
chrismoddy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:39 am
cars: VT l67 Manual
Location: Canberra, ACT

VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by chrismoddy »

Hi Guys,

New member to this forum but I have been following for quite awhile.

Alright so I have recently stuck an L67 into my VT S Pack manual. conversion went good but I have this problem with whenever it warms up its hunting for Idle pretty bad, the revs go up and down from about 650rpm to 12oorpm. it has a slight miss as well when on idle but not missing when driving or under load.

The things I have replaced and checked are:

Replaced spark plugs
replaced all coil packs
Replaced DFI module
Compression test - all ok
Swapped and replaced injectors
Replaced leads
Replaced IAC module
Replaced MAF meter
Checked for vacume leaks - all ok
Checked codes using tuner pro - no codes
Memcal is setup for L67 - Getrag
Valley gaskets have been done
Supercharger gasket done


The only real mods that have been done are the 10psi pulley

I have recorded a short log of when it's Idling and was wondering if anyone one with a bit of knowledge could have a look at it for me when they get a chance, and just see if any of the data looks out of place would be much appreciated?

Thanks
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by Dylan »

Just to throw an idea out there. I've read of people having idle trouble and decal troubles after manual conversions on these.
What I've heard of them doing is comparing some IAC settings from an ecotec manual tune. With good success afterwards.
Its been spoke about on here in the past.
chrismoddy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:39 am
cars: VT l67 Manual
Location: Canberra, ACT

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by chrismoddy »

Thanks for the idea Dylan appreciate it.

Definitely something for me to look into.

It was originally a manual ecotec so its got the Ecotec Manual ecu and the Memcal setup for L67 getrag but it could still be something to do with the IAC settings. That will definitely be a path I'm going to go down.


Thanks for your input Dylan I have uploaded the Log file if anyone can have a look
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Have you modified the bin to suit manual?
There's normally a fair bit you have to change!

If you haven't changed anything start reading & changing/testing, if you have tried modifying the bin post it up so people can try & help!
chrismoddy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:39 am
cars: VT l67 Manual
Location: Canberra, ACT

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by chrismoddy »

Hi VX L67 Getrag,

Thank you I haven't modified the bin at all I bought the memcal off ebay


So it should be all setup for manual but who really knows what they have changed as far as IAC settings etc.

Thanks
Last edited by chrismoddy on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Without knowing what's been changed it's a guessing game, you really need to read the data off the memcal or through the serial data port of vehicle & then start from there, I doubt it would be hardware issue's more likely something NQR with the file on memcal!
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by immortality »

chrismoddy wrote:Thanks for the idea Dylan appreciate it.

Definitely something for me to look into.

It was originally a manual ecotec so its got the Ecotec Manual ecu and the Memcal setup for L67 getrag but it could still be something to do with the IAC settings. That will definitely be a path I'm going to go down.


Thanks for your input Dylan I have uploaded the Log file if anyone can have a look
When you say manual ecotec was it originally a getrag or T5 box?

There was another thread about a manual conversion that was troublesome, I remember something about changing the timing maps to reflect the manual timing as this is quiet different around idle/low rpm areas.
chrismoddy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:39 am
cars: VT l67 Manual
Location: Canberra, ACT

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by chrismoddy »

Hi Immortality

It was originally a getrag box.


Thanks VX L67 Getrag.

Yeah I wouldn't know where to start really I might just get someone with a bit of knowledge to set me up another Memcal to suit.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by Dylan »

VXL67GETRAG is your man. He can sort you oit with a good tune.
Id make contact with him.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VT L67 Getrag - hunting for idle

Post by Dylan »

Try connecting to the ecu with this program and do a "Get BIN" so you can see what you're starting with.