304 tuning/build thread

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: 304 tuning/build thread

Post by Dylan »

Have you forced open loop?
wagond
cars: vn 5.0 5spd wagon
56 Bedford bus,hot as hell 202 powered!
pajero sh**ter!

Post by wagond »

uhh no,how do I do that? :-)
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

If it was running fine before with the same tune settings I'd be looking at a problem with the TPS or the hose for the MAP sensor.
wagond
pajero sh**ter!

Post by wagond »

Yea my thoughts are its mechanical rather than a tune issue.ive checked thoroughly for vac leaks but will go pay some attention to the tps!ive got a spare or two
wagond
pajero sh**ter!

Post by wagond »

and heres the log as promised,left everything alone,just a drive,its got a filthy great lean bit just off idle,as the seat of my pants was telling me!but feels awfull really.
Attachments
test run one.xdl
(505.13 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
hot308vb
cars: Vt v6 Berlina daily driver
vs clubsport high comp solid cammed 355 brass buttoned t56 6 speed 4.11 diff

Post by hot308vb »

its not something silly like a clogged fuel filter or fuel pump on its way out??? i had a very similar fault on my daily vt which turned out to be a shitty filter...
wagond
pajero sh**ter!

Post by wagond »

well its a funny one,mabe I bumped something?!couldn't find anything unusual,yep checked fuel pumps,near new anyway,filters etc,vacuum leaks,changed spark plugs et al...!ended up simply reloading the tune with the original,had changed very little from that one any way,ran fine and went 12.973 at 104.so I dunno what happened but hey its running bloody well now!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Great outcome either way. Quick time too how's it manners on the street? Easy to drive?
wagond
pajero sh**ter!

Post by wagond »

real good aye,my mrs uses it more than me!she dosent like carparks,the mrs that is,cant idle around in first without the cam taking over,although having a very light flywheel doesn't help this.i drive it everywhere,we took it 3500 kms over the last xmas on a roady.i think there is a bit more pace in it too,was a touch on the lean side on the strip.more tinkering should help lol!now that ive got the wideband running again..
wagond
pajero sh**ter!

Post by wagond »

bloody hell!after running really nicely for the last couple weeks the old thing has decided it doesent want to idle!either sits around 2000 rpm,even with the throttle screw backed off till its nowhere near the accelerator stop,or simply dies unless I use my foot on the pedal to keep it at a manageable idle,tricky with a manual!i have removed the throttle body,cleaned it thoroughly,replaced all the gaskets and checked and rechecked for air leaks.i took out the iac and with the engine running could control the idle using my finger over the iac hole in the throttle body.i also disconnected the map sensor vacuum hose with it running and the idle came down ok.im not really well versed enough in the relationship between these two sensors to come up with a diagnosis so here I am again picking others brains!i figure one of these is playing up but seeing as they aren't cheap itd be nice to pinpoint one or the other!in saying that the races are on again in two weeks so ill buy whatever I have to and to hell with the kids school lunches hahahaha!here is a log anyway of it sitting in the garage idling all over the place and winding up the neighbours!hopefully its of some use...
Attachments
idle problem.xdl
(79.67 KiB) Downloaded 223 times