New to ECU Modifacations

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
benk
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: New to ECU Modifacations

Post by benk »

Once I had the relationship between the ve afr sorted I was going to create a spreadsheet like that but now I don't have to :thumbup:

Hve encountered another problem this morning that has me very confused (I think I may have fried something somehow :? )
Went to have a bit more of a play and do some more logging and started the car up and ran fine. when to connect to the ECU and TP5 couldn't find it. Checked the com port settings and all ok. Turned the engine off and the little blue light on the NVRAM board stayed lit :? Checked all efi relays ect to see if any were stuck on all ok. Started the engine and seemed to be running in limp home mode. Went to try and connect with TP5 and it found it but everytime it connected it cut the engine out and come up with error and the engine kicked in again, connected and cut the engine out again.
Fitted the original Memcal in and whent back to normal
Had a look at the bin on the NVRAM and all seems ok (have attached the bin)
any sugestions?
Attachments
vnprob.BIN
(128 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
benk

Post by benk »

BTW it is a $12P V104 code
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

From memory when you have ign turned off , the ecu disconnects the 5 volt supply to the memcal .If you still have have power to memcal \ nvram when ign off the ecu maybe your problem .If you have a spare throw it in and see if it fixes the problem. :comp:
benk

Post by benk »

I disconnected the battery and reconnected it back up and now the light goes off when you turn the ignition off but now as soon as I connect with TP5 or Scannerpro it cuts the engine out for a second or 2 adn then the scanner goes into error and the engine fires up again it keeps repeating this cycle about every 1 or 2 seconds untill you disconnect the scanner
I will try and reburn the program onto the NVRAM just incase I have corrupted the code on it and if it is still playing up I willgrab my spare ecu and fit it
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

if its related to serial connection then it sounds like it could be something to do with your comms board hardware. If it works with the original memcal on 160baud then its not accessing the 8192 hardware which is on different cpu pins (a gpio I think instead of the UART) which might be why it works.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Looks like the cal segment is corrupt and pretty much the entire code area has been erased. Your gonna have to reburn the NVRAM with the base 12P bin.
benk

Post by benk »

Strange :shock: not sure how that would have happened? Was working fine the night before and all I did was do a short log. Got up the next morning and and thats when it started to play up :?
Uploaded the bin and checked it against my backup for any errors and all looked good.
Looks like I will have to start from the begining again :(
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

When you reburnt the NVRAM did you use a bin or cal file? When you are updating the tune are you using write cal or write bin in the flashtool?? I have never seen an NVRAM erase the code segment and ALDL definition data. In this case the only thing that remains is the cal segment but it looks to have some corruption also, might be able to save a few tables but would have to load the corrupt file and visually check to see if the data is ok or not.
benk

Post by benk »

When it happened I wasn't using the flash tool, all I was doing was taking a couple of logs to collect some data. Went to connect the next morning and was playing up.
I uploaded the bin and checked it against the backup bin that I had but found no differences :? So reloaded the backup bin on the NVRAM and didn't make any difference :?
I have started from scratch with the $12P VR code again and loaded it and it works :D
So somehow I managed to corrupt both the code I was working on and the backup but don't know how as I was only logging at the time :?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

could the ecu have been knocked or moved? i trashed my nvram once because i just had the ecu in the passenger footwell and my passenger put his foot on it which shorted out something to ground and whamo - trashed nvram and dead car. since then I keep the ecu off the passenger floor and a spare memcal with a rom onboard in the glovebox just in case!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396