New to ECU Modifacations

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
benk
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: New to ECU Modifacations

Post by benk »

It is hard to start and runns rough and dies when trying to rev it, but it gets better as the engine warms up
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

did it run ok on a stock VN memcal? it shouldnt do that just switching to $12p... can you post up a log of it running?

just richening the cold temp tables will definitely not fix it imho, there is somethign else going on..
benk

Post by benk »

It ran fine on the standard tune
I'm still waiting on some of the gear to turn up so I can log it (Hopfully be here by the end of the week).
I have modified the $12P code a fair bit for the VN (Basicly copied all the info off the AWUY and put it in the $12P) so I think that I may have stuffed something up in one of the tables that regulate fuel v temp
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

post up the bin you are running, ill check it over for you, see if theres anything I can spot.
benk

Post by benk »

Here is the bin that I have in the car at the moment
Attachments
OSE_$12PV104test.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

most of your problem is that you are running a V8 base cal. even tho youve set a lot of things to match v6, tis still not gonna run real well. you need to start off with the BLCD cal flashed in, which I gather you cant do till you get your cable. check otu this post by VL400, https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... =180#p5744 it is the V6 cal already in a runnable bin, even just runnign that straight up should run ok, the timing and VE should be copied over from a VN tune to run a little better tho. theres a bit of work getting it perfect to suit a VN.
benk

Post by benk »

OK will try the VR V6 - I thought that was what I started with but must have downloaded the V8 version. Will it be worth copying the VN maps into it befor I start?
Just out of curiosity what is the difference between the V6 and V8 cal besides the number of cylinders :lol: ?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

you can do a difference in tunerpro (tools > difference tool) but the biggest difference is the injector rate. it puts the entire fuelling out by a good margin. there are many small differences that also add up to create a craptastic running engine.

yep, I would copy in the spark map and VE map for the first go, see how it runs from there. others (delcowizzid and mag) have been getting off idle stumbles using the $12P VR V6 cal on a VN v6 so it will be interesting to see how you go.
benk

Post by benk »

Ok, will try that. I'm flying blind at the moment. It's frustrating not being able to log or see what is happening in the tune so at the moment it is all guess work and telltail signs
benk

Post by benk »

Just doing a bit more reading untill the last of my parts turn up :( and will I need an interface program for Tunerpro RT to Talk to the ECU?
I have the comm's Board Mk2 and Tunerpro RT V4.14
There is a lot of talk about an interface program "antusprom" and "a Flashtool" so that Tunerpro can talk to the ecu and also Scannerpro, as far as I can gather Scannerpro is now incorperated into Tunerpro RT?