New to ECU Modifacations

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Jayme

Re: New to ECU Modifacations

Post by Jayme »

yeah what happens normally is you save your cal in tunerpro then use the flash tool to flash that file into the nvram up the serial line but you have to stop logging to do that.

tunerpro cannot talk directly to the nvram to change the tune.
antusprom is an emulation interface that pretends it is an autoprom (which tunerpro can do direct realtime to) and kind of multiplexes the serial line between the autoprom emulation interface with tunerpro and whatever you are logging with.

end result is that you can be logging while you go into tunerpro and open a table and update it straight to the nvram instead of having to save it and flash it. it does sacrifice a few frames per second on your log tho in my experience.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Also the VL400's flashtool allows you to connect to the car in tuner pro in realtime, but it can't do the logging at the same time.

its pretty much a gui version of antusprom built into the flashtool it works well in my experience.
benk
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Post by benk »

so if I download antusprom I won't need the Flash tool as antusprom will flash to the NVRAM correct?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

yeah it is capable, but antusprom is more f**king around to get it set up properly, and we've also seen some pcs that it just wont work with. The flash tool version is more robust. Your probably better off keeping both on hand.

A proper TP5 plugin is under development, so heres hoping that goes well and we end up with something that works without all the virtual comport hackyness.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
benk

Post by benk »

No worries, I think I will download both and see how I go
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

your gonna need the flashtool to get the most out of 12P anyways, cal migrations, uploading/download from ecm, using flex tables etc
benk

Post by benk »

Jayme wrote:you can do a difference in tunerpro (tools > difference tool) but the biggest difference is the injector rate. it puts the entire fuelling out by a good margin. there are many small differences that also add up to create a craptastic running engine.

yep, I would copy in the spark map and VE map for the first go, see how it runs from there. others (delcowizzid and mag) have been getting off idle stumbles using the $12P VR V6 cal on a VN v6 so it will be interesting to see how you go.
I have loaded VR V6 code onto the VN and changed the Spark and VE maps. It still runns rough when cold (first start in the morning) but is a lot better than before.

What tables/Constants control extra fuel to be injected on acceleration (like the accelerator pump on a carby)?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

look for tables with AE in them. (accelerator enrichment)

also keep in mind, if its running rough when cold, this could mean that its lean and may be half the problems with the AE .... get them right then see how the AE stuff is.
benk

Post by benk »

Holden202 wrote:also keep in mind, if its running rough when cold, this could mean that its lean and may be half the problems with the AE .... get them right then see how the AE stuff is.
I am going to go back to basics before I go modifying the tune much more and make sure that the mechanical side is all ok first and check the sparkplugs, fuel pressure, injectors ect.

As I was always told - Start at the begining :thumbup: ;)
benk

Post by benk »

It's amazing what a change of plugs and an injector clean will improve a tune. :D It is running a lot better but I still think that it's still running a little lean. It take a little while to fire when starting. Will give it another go in the morning when cold to see if it has helped the rough idle when cold.