New to ECU Modifacations

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
benk
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: New to ECU Modifacations

Post by benk »

All my goodies have finaly turned up have been able to dump the bins and cals using the Flash tool :thumbup:
How do I connect it to tunnerpro to do the logging ect?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

for scanning with tuner pro you need to be using TP5. grab the relevant 12P TP5 adx off the forum, then you load it into tunerpro in the aquisition menu -> load definition

then you use the two blue arrows icon on the menu bar to start aquiring data, same button to stop it. then use the record button if you want to record it to a log file.

once you hit stop (once recording) it will ask you to save the log file.

then you also have buttons there for the different views you have, starting from the two blue arrows going right, you have:

* data tracing - if the adx and xdf are setup properly you should be able to open a table and there will be a bubble that follows the engine through its different points on the table.
* dash screen - this shows you all the gauges as they have been setup in the definition.
* data list view - this will show you all the items defined in the adx file in a text format ... handy for seeing trouble codes etc.
* data history tables - if these are defined they will show you things like blm table layed out as the engine hits each cell, handy for making logs of things like wideband input mapped against rpm and map ... can then be easily manipulated in excel to make changes to the VE table.
* monitors view - basically a live line graph of the sensors you select.

alternatively you can also use scannerpro for the above, and all the adx files in the 12p zip are for scannerpro ... pretty much the same as above, just a stand alone program for logging and things like data tracing don't work.
benk

Post by benk »

Holden202 wrote:for scanning with tuner pro you need to be using TP5. grab the relevant 12P TP5 adx off the forum, then you load it into tunerpro in the aquisition menu -> load definition
Ahhh thats where I was going wrong as I am using TP4. I tried to download Scannerpro but it said that it is now parts of Tunnerpro. Will Try TP5 and see how I go :D
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

scannerpro is still availiable for download here http://www.scannerpro.net/download/app/ ... o_v05b.exe click link and save :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Just remember in TP5 there is also datatracing when in emulation mode.
This will highlight a cell in yellow that is being accessed in the emulator, and is different to the adx tracing.
If the scales of the adx and xdf tables are correct, the bubble and yellow cell should line up, if not either something is wrong in the ADX calculations or the XDF table scales.

yoda69
benk

Post by benk »

Still no luck, Loaded the adx from $12P V1.04 but when I click on the little blue arrows nothin happens. Down the bottom of the screen it has "Hardware not found" & "DA: not connected"
Is there something else that I need to set up?
Also when I was playing around with the flash tool hit the Emulation start and starts getting calabration from system and at the end it comes up with this error, I don't know if this has anything to do with TP5 not connecting or not?
"Error - failed to open 5, Value cannot be null Parameter name: Port name from system"

Logged on with scannerpro and it was talking to the ECU but nothing was making any sense and the needles were jumping around all over the place so I don't think that the adx that I was using for it was the correct one
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You need to setup com0com to get the RT working. Follow the details in here .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30 . Instead of using the command line version of antusprom use the flashtool one if you prefer. In the preferences screen of the flashtool you must setup the com port that TP connects to.

The needles jumping is probably the wrong echo settings, so check the jumper on the comms board matches what you have set in software.
benk

Post by benk »

What am I doing wrong??????????????????
I still can't get TP5 to communicate with the Flash tool
This is what I have done

-Have set up com port from the Coms Board MKII is com 10
Have set up the com0com ports as Com 11 & Com 12 linked and Com 13 & 14 Linked
Have set up the flash tool Preferences ECM port Com 10 and TP Coms port Com 11
Can connect to the ECM and download bins ect. and start the Emulation and it loads and is Emulating on Com 11
Open TP5 and Down the bottom it comes up with "Hardware autoprom V2.5.A"
Hit the 2 blue arrows and nothing happens :comp:
Also have loaded on TP5
Bin that I got from the ecm (through the flashtool)
the XDF file OSE_12PV104.xdf
and the ADX file OSE$12P_v1.07_1BAR.adx
The original code that I have on the NVRAM is OSE_$12PV104_BLCD

The more I try to sort this out the more I relise that I know nothing about computers as I have no idea where to start to look for problems
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

you cant log and tune at the same time with the flashtool yet.if you have emulation turned on you can edit realtime but cant log turn emulation off close the flash tool and just connect direct to tunerpro on the normal serial port the ecu is on
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

also... that adx file is no good, its for scannerpro.
to get logging going in tp5 - use this
OSE_$12P_v1.07_1BAR_tp5.adx
(60.49 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
to get logging and tuning going at once - use the command line antusprom and tell it somehting like antusprom.exe com10 com11 com13
then you log on com14