VZ Alloytec 195Kw Quad timed cam fuel issue

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: VZ Alloytec 195Kw Quad timed cam fuel issue

Post by MAGP »

Holden202T wrote:i don't agree that its being over filled
I think the 1st line in the OP is the indicator it is being over filled.
VX L67 Getrag wrote:I have a customer that complains when he fills his tank to the top
No fuel tank is supposed to be filled to the top, if a person does this they are filling the expansion chamber and doing this can cause problems. I remember my father doing the same thing on a XE wagon (no anti Ford jokes please :lol: ) when we moved to Darwin in 1985. He filled it so we could get more km's/tank and get further between stops. The thing ran like a pig until the level dropped below the breather in the filler neck. I have seen it happen many times with many cars, carb and efi, and many people.

What needs to be ascertained is how "full" the customer is filling it. If he is filling it to the top as VX L67 posted then he is causing at least part, if not all, of the problem.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Hundreds of people had the same issue on justcommodores either no start or ruff running after starting after filling with gas.wether it be something damaged in the tank or what it seems a regular occurrence. Could even be the purge solenoid worn out and not sealing anymore they do get noisy over time
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Well it's been a couple of months now & the customer requested me fit a new valve even though I couldn't guarantee it would fix the issue & he said he hasn't had an issue since even with filling to the brim!

Thanks all!
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

My WM has started doing similar, mostly when tank is full and ambient temps are in the 20's, starts like its flooded then comes clean. If the tank is half full, doesn't seem to do it. Think I'd better check out the purge valve...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...