Programming/Linking new PCM in 2014 Holden Cruze

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Holden202T

Re: Programming/Linking new PCM in 2014 Holden Cruze

Post by Holden202T »

hahahaha :)
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Not only cost of wire, you don't have someone in the line trying to feed the loom through firewall and mount it in harder to get location so there's a labor save as well, I've worked in all the car factories in Australia and it's awesome to see how they all do things, not so much ford but Toyota and Holden are very impressive
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

HQ355 wrote:I've worked in all the car factories in Australia
What was the Ford plant at Homebush like? I remember the uproar when Ford announced they would stop making cars there. The Neville Rann Labor NSW government refused to purchase Fords for a few years because of it.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Don't know, I've only worked at the broadmeadows plant at ford, Elizabeth at Holden, lonsdale Mitsubishi and altona Toyota, walking into the gird plant was like going back in time lol. I put a pneumatic cylinder on the dash jig a few years ago so they could swap over from a territory to a falcon so the steering column can go through firewall. Took me about an hour, so for 4-5 years before that some poor cunt had to crawl upside down and do it manually ! It was allways dark in there as well, shows how much they must have been trying to save $$ and keep it ticking over
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I remember going there for training on the NEW XE Falcon. We did plant tours every time we went there. It was really getting old at the time. I loved watching the dyno testing for a new laser. Flat out on cold startup.
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

I think there was a bulletin out on those thermostat housings from memory.
The inlets were approx 1/2 mm undersized for the radiator hose and find coolant/corrosion build up
at the end of the hose.
We'd pierce the hose with a heated up sharp pin and insert a thermocouple in the hose.
Always told by the brainiacs that coolant was seeping past the hose rubber and belting and making its way to the end of the hose because of our method of installing the thermocouple.....until we showed them an untouched rad hose.
Take the spring clamp off and replace it with a worm drive clamp for better grip
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

its definitely not leaking from the hose, its clearly coming out of the thermostat heater plug .....

my car had the plastic thermostat housing, but I have replaced it with a alloy one as that's what I could get..... I will be keeping a close eye on any leaks though you can be sure of that :P
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Been wanting to see if I can get the pins out of the first cruze computer to see if I can add them to the second computer for a spare, first stage of that is completed!

left the pics higher res if people want to zoom at all.

i can possibly also use this pcm on the bench with the headers removed, i did damage on capacitor in the process so hopefully not needed for a bench pcm! (top left of last pic)
IMG_3278.jpg
IMG_3279.jpg
IMG_3280.jpg