Programming/Linking new PCM in 2014 Holden Cruze

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Programming/Linking new PCM in 2014 Holden Cruze

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Antus was talking about the thread he had linked in his reply.

I bought a clone device called carprog a little while ago that is supposed to change VIN & link/unlink most controllers but I haven't actually tested it with anything yet!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Quick chat with my Holden tech mate.

He says call up the Holden dealer, he recons they will still cover it under "good will warranty". Hes seen cars covered up to 130,000-150,000k kms. As its something vital like an ECU, they will more then likely cover that.

This is his words not mine: "If it fucks up, you'll be looking at a new cluster, ECU, BCM, Keys ect. Its happened previously at work which ended in everything being bricked".
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If the ecm is in new condition then there will be no unlink and it should be possible with a 2 day $55USD SPS (Service Programming) license from here: https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/subscribehome
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Tazzi wrote:Quick chat with my Holden tech mate.

He says call up the Holden dealer, he recons they will still cover it under "good will warranty". Hes seen cars covered up to 130,000-150,000k kms. As its something vital like an ECU, they will more then likely cover that.

This is his words not mine: "If it fucks up, you'll be looking at a new cluster, ECU, BCM, Keys ect. Its happened previously at work which ended in everything being bricked".
that may have been the case before i fucked with it, i dare say they wont want to touch it now for free!

also here is the image of the current PCM.
WP_20160811_15_13_50_Pro.jpg
WP_20160811_15_13_50_Pro.jpg (271.55 KiB) Viewed 5681 times
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Holden202T wrote:
Tazzi wrote:Quick chat with my Holden tech mate.

that may have been the case before i fucked with it, i dare say they wont want to touch it now for free!

also here is the image of the current PCM.
No harm in trying!

If its brand new, techy says it will be much easier. Still a risk as they have had but brand new ECU's are the way to go. :thumbup:
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Nothing to loose by trying, tell them your looking at updating depending how this works out, might change there mind as well :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

so then i guess the question is, what do i need to do to make it happen ? im just worried that i can't get data out of my car currently so there is an issue with the mdi or something like that ?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I dont have MDI nor am I familar with its use, is there software that comes with it to read codes? The pass through we use does nothing but programming, won't talk to the car until the software tells it in the programming procedure..
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Holden202T wrote:so then i guess the question is, what do i need to do to make it happen ? im just worried that i can't get data out of my car currently so there is an issue with the mdi or something like that ?
Ahhhh, so using GDS2 yeah? And not able to ready any live data?
Biggvl wrote:I dont have MDI nor am I familar with its use, is there software that comes with it to read codes? The pass through we use does nothing but programming, won't talk to the car until the software tells it in the programming procedure..
Same deal with the MDI, theres GDS2 (Does of the diagnostics) and SPS for programming. :thumbup:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

that might be the problem then, i can get it to click and shows data moving and the dash of the car does stuff like after i use the HPT interface ....

and GDS2 definately works when i select MDI and it detects it, but doesn't work if i use mdi2 or other options.