testing a VR SS VATS but fails..

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
hoopstar
cars: 350 Chev HR Holden (carby)
VK Calais with (soon) VR EFI 304

Re: testing a VR SS VATS but fails..

Post by hoopstar »

Well if I am being 100% honest, the 'test vehicle' is a mate from works VR SS, so I can't really just start running wires all over his car :)

I have the same engine/trans (albeit it with TP DP, cleaned up heads, YT rockers and H284 cam) going into my VK Calais so we're just playing around with things so that I can be sure my car will start first time. My engine will run the stock cam to start with... again, to ensure all my wiring is working 100%.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

all you need to do is remove the start relay, and make up a jumper wire with some lugs on it and plug it in to bypass the relay.
hoopstar
cars: 350 Chev HR Holden (carby)
VK Calais with (soon) VR EFI 304

Post by hoopstar »

Pulled the relay, linked 30 and 87 and we have ignition.. :)

Confident now that we can drop my engine in over the xmas break and have a runner. Many thanks guys for the help.

While I have your attention, would the stock tune run OK with my Torque Power Dual Plane, Low Rise manifold and 1000cfm throttle body or are there things I should look at optimising in the tune before I try starting it?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if nothing else is changed other than the manifold and TB it should be half ok, it will more than likely be a bit out in higher rpm areas where the normal one would start to be a restriction.
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

I started my car first go using 12p stock tune. Very similar to what your going. Harrop single plane, crane 284 cam. The only things I'd change If you started with stock and the intake your going to use and the 284, would be to set the desired idles to between 900 and 850rpm and set your idle timing to around 26deg and smooth it into the main timing map aswell.