11p tuning

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
jezza351
cars: vr ss comodooree

11p tuning

Post by jezza351 »

Hi guys
just after some direction tuning my vr ss, finally got it passed through regency inspection centre and now registered so it can be driven.

Ive got the nvram using 11p and also have an innovate wideband wired into the system. I'm having issues where intermittently the idle drops down to about 400rpm and wants to stall, mostly idles ok, idle is set at 1000rpm. I have a suspicion the idle drops when the thermo kicks on so will try adding more steps when it comes on and see if it stops that issue.

My main questions are as its a 355 with a largeish cam 246/258 @50 hydraulic roller cam its idling at around 75kpa, should I be changing the data in areas such as IAC-MAX MAP LOAD LIMIT (45 stock)
CLOSED LOOP FUEL-BLM-MAX RPMFOR IDLE LEARN CONTROL (stock 800) ?

and while logging afr's should I turn off closed loop , DFCO and anything else I'm missing to get an accurate look at what happening fuel wise?

Cheers for the advice guys, cars been a long time in the build , looking forward to It being tuned properly and enjoying a good cruise in it :thumbup:
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: 11p tuning

Post by Dylan »

Turn off closed loop the flag is called force open loop from memory.
Bump up idle timing to 28 at 75kpa dont taper it off to much after that it'll help as the rpm drops. Blend in the main map as well in that area. Change closed loop idle time delay to 2 seconds.
Also have throttle stop open so that at idle there's about 10 stes once warmed up.

Then start logging and getting the VE right. Feel free to post up logs and a bin. Also make sure yiur wide band is reading right in tuner pro.
jezza351

Post by jezza351 »

cheers Dylan, currently have the idle timing set at 28 degrees through the entire table and have smoothed that number into the main timing table around the areas it idles, I do notice a fair fluctuation of timing at idle from the 28 commanded , is there a way to keep this locked?

ill try the force open loop next log and see what I get, currently at idle the steps fluctuate around 5-15.
I'm running 42lb injectors and also changed the BPW tables to suit which made it start perfectly with no throttle.
first WOT log showed I was lean at 14.3 from about the 3500rmp afr with commanded 99 on VE table all the way through to 6500rpm, was driving while logging and didn't see the afr or would have stopped. Ive changed the Kinjflow slightly and is now reading around 11.5 afr under WOT so will now have some room to move on the ve calculations.

So those items mentioned above wont need to be changed at all?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I never have anyway. There's a scalar for idle timing correction can't remember the name stock is 7 degrees add or subtract to help stabilise idle. I set it at 2 degree usually.
jezza351

Post by jezza351 »

Ive attached a log from yesterday if you wanna take a look, not heaps of driving done just mainly cruising.
Attachments
355vrss.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
runservo.xdl
(287.04 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
vrjezza.adx
(148.52 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Jervies
cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor

Post by Jervies »

hey jezz
ive taken a quick squiz and that timing map is no good, thats going to be throwing out your afrs and making zero hp.
ive made a quick adjustment to your map, ive taken the idle spark adjustment back to 3 deg, givin the timing map a big change (very basic table max of 28 in by 3600 and bit more in cruising vacuum areas and 24 base around the idle areas)
taken a bit out of A.E multiplier as well.
cant do a whole lot with fuel atm as your commanding 10' advance in areas it needs high 20s
if you do some part throttle logging and have a look at your history tables itll map out a pretty decent picture of your fuel map that you can chuck in to the excel spreadsheet and help with your V.E maps
355vrss jj.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
jezza351

Post by jezza351 »

Thanks Jervies, I'll take it for another run tonight and do some more logging and see how I go , will post up the new log when I'm done :thumbup:
jezza351

Post by jezza351 »

Jervies wrote:hey jezz
ive taken a quick squiz and that timing map is no good, thats going to be throwing out your afrs and making zero hp.
ive made a quick adjustment to your map, ive taken the idle spark adjustment back to 3 deg, givin the timing map a big change (very basic table max of 28 in by 3600 and bit more in cruising vacuum areas and 24 base around the idle areas)
taken a bit out of A.E multiplier as well.
cant do a whole lot with fuel atm as your commanding 10' advance in areas it needs high 20s
if you do some part throttle logging and have a look at your history tables itll map out a pretty decent picture of your fuel map that you can chuck in to the excel spreadsheet and help with your V.E maps
355vrss jj.bin
Alright, taken it for another drive which went better , was having a few issues with the wideband just deciding to read way lean on the lm2 screen at part throttle and WOT but narrowband 02 sensor was saying rich , sensor might be on the way out.
Its running a tad rich over the whole table so ive been trimming and re logging, ive had an issue at part throttle transitioning to med throttle where around 2700-3000rpm at 85kpa it has a bit of a ping, timing was commanded at 28 degrees, I knocked that back to 26 and was still slightly there so I took is back to 24 and it went away, fuel was around 12.5:1 at the time a tad strange.
jezza351

Post by jezza351 »

same adx as above if anyone wants to take a look, this run the wideband seemed to be ok . :thumbup:
Attachments
ROAD1MONDAY51216.xdl
(455.92 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Jervies
cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor

Post by Jervies »

U may need to remove the pullup resistor for wideband if u havnt already ill have a look at that run bit later. Did u try the historgrams feature?