TF Rodeo 3.2 v6 Conversion to VX Ecotec v6 - Wiring

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Pikey

TF Rodeo 3.2 v6 Conversion to VX Ecotec v6 - Wiring

Post by Pikey »

Hi guys, I have been searching the forum looking for the wiring that I am going to need to join up to start the ecotec, as I really have no idea what I am doing now and have become a bit lost and progress has ground to a halt as I can't work out what is going on looking at those wiring diagrams, it just makes my head hurt.
I have fitted the VX Ecotec and 4 speed Auto from the Commodore into my Tf Rodeo, which was originally a 3.2 v6 isuzu engine on 2wd 5 speed manual.
I have taken the wiring loom and ECU and sent the ECU off to get the VATS removed.
So I now have the wiring and ECU connected to the engine and I am left with the three plugs that come from the ECU and want to know which wires I am going to need to connect to run the engine.
I am guessing the fuel pump that is already in the rodeo will run the ecotec as it was already a quad cam 3.2 v6 before I converted it.
From this point I have no idea what I am doing, so I am hoping I just need to connect a few wires and the fuel pump etc, all of which I am hoping to find in the existing rodeo wiring and simply splice the Commodore to the Rodeo wiring where needed.

Now this is the bit I am stuck on, I am not really that good at working out the wiring diagram, but can solder, join or whatever is needed to the wiring once I know where and what I need to connect.
I guess I am looking for a list of the only wires I am going to need to connect the come from the three plugs I have hanging off the VX wiring loom as they connect to the dash I guess, I think it would be plugs YE110, YE111 & YE112 as I think that is the three plugs I am left with.

Any help at this point would be awesome, it was a fairly big job converting the engine etc over and I thought I had beaten it and was on the home straight, until I sat here looking at these three plugs and scratching my head, think I might have bitten off more than I can chew at this point, didn't even think about the wiring till I was halfway through...Doh!
I have seen a lot of the standalone wiring looms you can purchase for engine conversions like this, however as I have the VX loom and the Rodeo was already a Quad Cam 3.2 v6 with ECU etc, surely I have all I need is to simply connect a few of the wires from these three plugs and away we go.....or not at the moment :cry:
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Re: TF Rodeo 3.2 v6 Conversion to VX Ecotec v6 - Wiring

Post by charlay86 »

Are you running the BCM too?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If the computer is connected to the sensors, injectors, ignition etc still with the factory loom, then you need to find the power feeds and connect to to B+, on, and locate the starter circuit and connect to the starter line from the key. Identify the fuel pump wires and connect to whatever is going out to the fuel pump. Coolant temp, ait temp, ignition, injectors, throttle sensor and crank angle sensors should all already be there.

Before starting hook up tunerpro with an aldl interface and a vx adx (recommend vx adx from the'1s enhanced code packages), and turn the key to on. Then observe the data connection works to the computer and you can see what sensors are giving sain values. Eg you should see accurate battery voltage, and ambient temperature from coolant and mat. hit the throttle and you should see that move. listen for the pump to run for a sec when you key to on (pressurising the system), when you crank observe you see and RPM signal. If vats is disabled correctly (you could do that yourself with our flashtool and the aldl interface you'll want anyway) and if the injectors/ignition is hooked up right its likely to just start.

Edit: this is general advice, and i do more 808s where the efi loom includes the efi and fuel relays. I think the VX loom does not and if you've cut that area of wiring out its going to be more complicated. If so you'll need to get some relays and rebuild that part of the wiring.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I've done a couple of ecotec looms. If I can help out send me a PM.