Fast Fridays at Calder Park.

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
jimmy_mtx
cars: VP V6 Turbo. GT3582, auto, DELCO '808

Fast Fridays at Calder Park.

Post by jimmy_mtx »

Hello everyone. Just letting you all know Calder Park is doing a Drag meeting this friday 20th Jan. They're on once an month an well worth going to.

Has anyone been along before? What times did you get?

Before boosting my VP I got 17.44 1/4 mile with 2.5 0 - 60' :lol: hahaha

Having another go this friday (hopefully it's quicker now) come along everyone!

See you there :mrgreen:
Holden202T

Re: Fast Fridays at Calder Park.

Post by Holden202T »

I'm assuming 17.44 was a stock V6 ? hopefully should be a lot quicker than that now!
jimmy_mtx

Post by jimmy_mtx »

Yep thats right. Was bog stock, single spinner diff, bob jane (almost) all rounders tyres, full tank of 91 octane and a spare tyre in the boot.

I'll try crack a 14.XX 1/4 mile this time on semi slicks, LSD, better fuel etc... Can this be done on 8psi in VP or shall i crank the boost up more?

Standard auto BTW
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

lol Bob Jane all rounders, thats why it was so slow haha.

I've had them before and they are deadly, so little traction in fact I embarrassingly got bogged regularly on bitumen roads, mainly at traffic lights.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

jimmy_mtx wrote:Yep thats right. Was bog stock, single spinner diff, bob jane (almost) all rounders tyres, full tank of 91 octane and a spare tyre in the boot.

I'll try crack a 14.XX 1/4 mile this time on semi slicks, LSD, better fuel etc... Can this be done on 8psi in VP or shall i crank the boost up more?

Standard auto BTW

Should easy do low 13s like that. Doesn't take much to get a VP going due to their very low weight.

The auto might die though.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if you can get boost on the brake that might help, and yeah should do better than a 13 .... if not then you can always turn the wick up hehe!
jimmy_mtx

Post by jimmy_mtx »

vlad01 wrote:
... they are deadly, so little traction in fact I embarrassingly got bogged regularly on bitumen roads, mainly at traffic lights.
^ yep its a daily problem. Useless in the wet. Not that I'm complaining :lol:

13 seconds! That sounds optimistic, but I hope you guys are right. Driving (or walking) away from Calder with a 13s would be grouse!
It goes well but the auto is definetly the weakest link. Sloooowwwwwwlllyyy comes out of gear then into the nexxxtttttttt.
I'll try back the throttle off when i need it to change up a gear. See what happens

The stall point is just a bit too low to boost on the brake. I'm just getting boost at 2,500rpm under load and using a standard torque converter
which stalls around 1,800. No brake boosting for me just yet. Going to hit the loud pedal.

High-stall converter is next, along with a manually shifted 4L60. Any you guys run a one?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

my brothers T700 has a 4000rpm converter, its had high energy frictions installed and the usual b&m shift kit along with corvette servo piston and boost valve, so far so good, its making 350hp at the wheels on 12psi and its still together at this stage lol!
jimmy_mtx

Post by jimmy_mtx »

Thats good to hear. 4000rpm eh? how streetable is it? or not at all lol.

Got some carbon frictions, vette servo and 0.500" boost valve around home.

Nice to know the old slush box can take a bit of power when their done up :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

depends what you call drivable :P

its very drivable at light throttle but give it enough and it just flashes to 4000rpm, comes on boost and hoses the tyres he he :)

its for drag racing, so doesn't see the street other than the odd test run around the block