BCM Programming with EFILive

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

BCM Programming with EFILive

Post by Tazzi »

Saw this today: https://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/news ... -flashing/

Few different custom programming options from what they have mentioned.

BCM's huge control over alot of systems in the car, so be interesting to see what else is going to be released. :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: BCM Programming with EFILive

Post by Dylan »

Holding out for Holden support, what's the odds?
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

EFILive only implements flashing afaik. The mapping and editing is done by independents.
Cobalt
cars: Katie Wagon

Post by Cobalt »

They are not actually doing any calibration as far as I can see just changing the cal segments into a working bcm. This isnt new and came be done already in Australia

They are taking the canada truck cal's and pushing them into a us bcm. It's also cheaper to get it done here and you dont need an efilive. Had it done middle of last year.

Cheers

Cobalt
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Dumping any old calibration into a BCM is easily done. Making actual custom calibrations is more difficult, means a shit load of trial and error. For example, deleting the MRC from the BCM which can cause speed limitations if a fault is detected in the MRC (If it has been removed). Another example is Paddle shift, DRL, auto wipers ect.

I thought based on that news post, that one of those companies is actually providing custom calibrations. So they have mapped out a few of the options. :)
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

There is a document I found years ago for upfitters that let you do most of what they are doing anyway. If you have sps access you can request gm update/modify rpo settings to change the factory fitted options and remove all the stuff they are saying they can do. Only for the US though. So if you make an Ambulance you can add flashing indicators/lights or add led's etc with direct bcm control. there are alot of free pins. They are probalby working on it further but to ask efilive to use their hardware shows they really don't know whats going on. The trivial part is the data trransfer. The hard part is the calibration data as you say Tazzi.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Absolutely spot on!

Can't do one without the other.. need the hardware to make the changes, but this is pointless without the software.. and vice versa. Building both is equally as difficult with their own set of challenges.

I have SPS access, but getting custom calibrations provided by Holden technical is like pulling teeth. The only time they provide them is for preliminary/beta updates to try resolve a confirmed issue. Have had official Holden workers put in multiple requests for custom calibrations to enable/disable specific options although have been denied as its "not a factory configuration" or "not a valid issue". Alternatively are told is not compatible with the hardware... which has been complete rubbish.
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

Or you get the line about "Brand Protection"

Wanted to get a camro modified that was in australia but USA said it was a write off so a big :thumbdown: from them and no help.... All due to brand protection.

Continental make the BCM's - Yes the same guys that make the Tyres. I would be so trivial if we could get access to that dev software which they do sell but I bet it costs a fortune and then it would only allow us to write our own not really reverse what Holden did.

Just utilsing the free pins would be awesome. Adding auto rollup windows or even press and hold the remote to roll them up lke those $20 dongles that actually don't work properly and randomly flash the indicators. We miss out cause of stupid adr's

Modifying the auto seats to move based on key .... Just what I could come up with off the top of my head....... :driving:
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Cobalt wrote:Or you get the line about "Brand Protection"

Wanted to get a camro modified that was in australia but USA said it was a write off so a big :thumbdown: from them and no help.... All due to brand protection.

Continental make the BCM's - Yes the same guys that make the Tyres. I would be so trivial if we could get access to that dev software which they do sell but I bet it costs a fortune and then it would only allow us to write our own not really reverse what Holden did.

Just utilsing the free pins would be awesome. Adding auto rollup windows or even press and hold the remote to roll them up lke those $20 dongles that actually don't work properly and randomly flash the indicators. We miss out cause of stupid adr's

Modifying the auto seats to move based on key .... Just what I could come up with off the top of my head....... :driving:
I can safely say, theres no software commercially available to purchase. Any dev software developed would be only accessible to the engineers. Its how they test that their cals are valid and working. Even then, doesnt allow you to test your own due to checksums ect.

All those things are most probably possible, theres HEAPS of things that the VF's can do but just are not enabled or configured for. The mylink has things for electric cars, and logos/brands for a dozen+ manufactures. Same with the clusters, theres a tonne of things mentioned in them.