Vs series 3 v8 ute

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
The J'rod
cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute

Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute

Post by The J'rod »

Card MAF? Forgive my lack of knowledge on this the1
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

HQ355 wrote:I have a Clive cams roller in my 355, can dig up the specs if you want, made 210kw at the wheels and 475nm. It's a great cam, drives like a stocky, gets awsome fuel economy and pulls like a school boy
Found my cam card, motor is fairly basic, heads and inlet (bananas) just de dagged, running 9.5:1 comp, balanced and twin 2 1/2" exhaust. Note the cam specs are lobe lift, multiply by 1.65 yo get valve lift
Attachments
IMG_1419.JPG
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

Thanks hq355, them cam specs 222/222 @.050 duration, 520ish lift, and 112 LSA are in the range of what I was leaning towards getting , so this again going by your experience gives me confidence that I'm defiantly heading down the right path with cam specs.
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

Hey lowace, how did you end up going with the tune, and how did you go with the wideband,
lowace
cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute

Post by lowace »

The J'rod wrote:Hey lowace, how did you end up going with the tune, and how did you go with the wideband,
Yeah really good mate I could probably add a little bit more timing in some areas but at the moment its running really well. I didn't manage to get the wideband into the b10 pin as THE1 is still modding the bin to allow us to log with the wideband. I have just tuned it on the road whilst watching the gauge and I think its pretty close now, I think the neighbors would be sick of seeing the ute go up and down the road :lol:
Have you decided on a cam yet.
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

So lowace did you get a wideband kit off eBay or something and just wire it up into the cabin with the gauge.

Gonna get a cam from tighe cams in Brisbane, done to the Howard's cam specs or one very close to.

My NVRAM arrived yesterday so going to put that in, in the next couple of weeks hopefully (then watch my brain explode).
lowace

Post by lowace »

I actually used the 14point7 slc which I borrowed from a mate he had it set up as a portable unit which he used to tune ski boats, I will go with a innovate unit once the inputs are ready from the1. You wont have any issues with the tuning mate just take your time and do small changes, your cam specs are a little larger than mine so it may be a bit doughy down low until you can up the comp. I just set the gauge up with the laptop beside me and tried to note where it was running lean and used the bubble tracing on the laptop so I could glance across and change the cells accordingly, this is a very agricultural method but its all I could do, you may b able to get some to do the driving for you. Cant wait until THE1 gets the inputs sorted for us it will make it so much easier.
If you need any help just flick me an email or PM and I can help you the best I can.
Cheers
Stu
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

Hey Lowace,
Any word on the wideband bin from The1
lowace

Post by lowace »

Yeah mate here is the link is below. I haven't had a chance to test it as I have my motor out for a bottom end rebuild to see if I can get the cubes up a bit :shh:

If you have an Nvram you will have to re flash it with this new bin file an go from there, If you dont have the NVram yet just purchase one from THE1 and getting to load that bin on from the start. I hope to test it out after Christmas sometime.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5452