Vs series 3 v8 ute

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
The J'rod
cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute

Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute

Post by The J'rod »

Have emailed kelford cams, told them the story, I will let you all know what the response is

thanks everyone for your input really appreciate it
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

MAGP how did you go with measuring your MAF
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

The J'rod wrote:Have emailed kelford cams, told them the story, I will let you all know what the response is

thanks everyone for your input really appreciate it

Those Kelford cams I quoted were hydro flat tappet so a bit different to the roller cam you would want. No doubt they could sort something out for you though. Be kinda interesting to see what they would recommend.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

The J'rod wrote:MAGP how did you go with measuring your MAF
Haven't done it yet, spent the last few days preparing for a birthday. I knew I could cook but not like I have the last few days. I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow morning.
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

Recieved an interesting reply from kelford cams

" Unfortunately we don’t have a core for the Holden 304 roller, we only have one to suit a full race engine with big lift and duration, because the nature of the steel material needed for roller cams we can't grind the profile down to suit a street application as we would go through the hardening and cause problems.

We can however convert the engine to a flat tappet cam, this involves a new billet cam, lifters, pushrods and valve springs. It can be done around the same price as a roller cam on its own.

Let me know your thoughts, I can send a quote through if need be."

I'm not going down this path
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

lol yeah neither would I. I can't see how they can't do the case hardening for that particular cam. Just about every other cam manufacture can and does.

flat tappet is a backward step, also limits the ramp rate that is otherwise normal for roller cams.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Keep it roller, heaps more low down torque
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah because the advertises duration can be smaller while at 50 remain the same ( higher ramp rate) so the dynamic CR remains higher, yet still providing flow of a bigger advertised cam equivalent in flat tappet.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

Going to ring tighe cams in Brisbane and see what they think and whether they would do me a cam similar ato the Howard's specs, need to contact Clive cams as well, then I think I will have rang just about every cam shop in oz
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Clive will make any cam you want as long as its physically possible in terms of profiles, eg. not infinite ramp rate. I can't recommend them enough.