Vs series 3 v8 ute

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
barnsie46
cars: vn ss manual 300kw, vq stato 5l
Vs s3 ss manual , vx ss manual and a few more

Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute

Post by barnsie46 »

The J'rod wrote:Thanks Barnsie49,
It will be a 179kw tune as there where no differenc in tune between the SS and S in the series 3 if it's the stock tune, the maloo got the 195kw tune
thats right, the tune i have is out of a 195kw series 3 as per info
CNPC 3157 $A6 5.0L Man 16234531 VS Series III 195KW Ute,
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

VS3 CNPC was recalled and they changed to DRRR in its place. You can find both here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3

If you want the VT S1 tune you could try CDUZ (I think it is in the above link as well) but CNPH is the last of the 195i tunes.
lowace
cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute

Post by lowace »

Hi Jrod just wondering how your going with your tuning experience, I also have a series 3 vs v8 which I have upgraded the cam in and am attempting to tune myself. It is a little overwhelming my ute seems to be running rich now and is a little hesitant down low and I don't really know where to start when it comes to adjusting the fuel and spark maps there are so many tables.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Injector multiplier table for fuel adjustments on a MAF V8.
lowace

Post by lowace »

Thanks Yoda and sorry Jrod if I am hijacking your thread but having the same vehicles I thought it would be good way to share information.
This may seem like a dumb question but what does MGC stand for?
I have managed to hook up to my ute successfully and change the idle speeds but to go any further than that The1 suggested I get a wideband to make things a little easier. I am also very new to this so I just want to take small steps, I will be happy to just get my spark and fueling a little better to help with the hesitation mine has.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yes tuning fuel without a wideband is like tuning blind. MGC is a measurement of air by its weight (which accounts for differing density). Milli Grams per Cylinder.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The J'rod
cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute

Post by The J'rod »

Hijack away...sorry for the massive delay birth of my second child has had me busy, and as with most people nothing has happened on the car since then, still haven't decided on cam, would love someone on here with vt s1 or vs series 3 to give opinion on right size cam through actual experience, I'm keeping stock compression at this stage, putting extrude honed inlet manifold on, .550 springs in, would just love to know some cam specs from people with roller motors, like something similar to the tried and true 276 cam specs or being hydraulic roller cam could you be a bit more aggressive anyway I'm rambling, heaps keen though to follow your trials and tribulations on tuning a $A6
lowace

Post by lowace »

Thanks mate I have installed a come racing cam in mine and couldn't be happier it was better priced than a lot of there competitors which surprised me. My long term plans are 355 stroker with mild heads and to keep the original inlet for the time being, the cam is quiet grumpy sounding down low and it comes on really hard around the 2500 to 3000rpm with the stroker this will pull it back 500rpm so should be a real torquey motor. If your interested in the specs I can post them to you tomorrow.
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

Def post the specs, must admit I haven't even looked into C.O.M.E for a cam.
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

Hey Lowace i saw your cam specs on another post of yours, 216/220-112LSA-and have you given the peak cam lift .308, if you don't mind me asking what is the peak valve lift on that cam, and are you changing compression or just a cam swap at this stage.