Windows 10 do i need winzip for adx files

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
The J'rod
cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute

Windows 10 do i need winzip for adx files

Post by The J'rod »

Hi All,
I am just starting out with logging data, have got to the point of requiring an adx so I have got to the point of hitting acquisition on the toolbar then hitting load definition file, now my issue is I have been here on the site and downloaded the bins I require from the stock holden bins section, which goes into downloads on my laptop I double click on it once its downloaded to open it, and a message comes up saying I need to buy winzip to open it (not sure if I even need to open it, I also downloaded a free app called 9zip to see if it would do anything but it didn't do anything either), so do I have to spend $40 on winzip on windows 10? or am I doing something else wrong.

So I hope I'm explaining this properly another way to explain my issue is, in tunerpro rt as described above I go into load definition file and even though I have put the downloaded bin from this site in lets say desktop, if I try and get to it through the load definition file its not there in desktop to select to open it.

I'm no geek but not a total spaz on computers....any help would be greatly appreciated. (p.s. I have read all the beginners stuff on here and cannot find anything about actually getting the adx file they all say to just get one).
The1

Re: Windows 10 do i need winzip for adx files

Post by The1 »

to associate the files with tunerpro, go into tunerpro, tools, preferences, then tick all the box's for file associations. Then you can double click your adx and it will load into tunerpro. Or in tunerpro you can goto Acquistion menu then load definition.
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

Thanks the1,

Another quick question for you is, I have a s3 v8 man stock 179kw ute, can I use the bin for s3 v8 man hsv 195kw (which is the closest I can get on here for s3) bin as there is one in the "stock holden bin section", or use the stock vt s1 v8 bin which I think is in the "stock holden bin" section.

Thanks again
The1

Post by The1 »

vs and vt v8 bins dont mix, you'l have to use a VS V8 S3 bin on a VS V8 S3 PCM.

If your just wanting stock bins you can get them in the zip file here.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=905
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

all I want to do is start logging data at this stage, and I cannot get past this obtaining an adx file and opening it in tunerpro.
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

I have downloaded the 3 attachments from the link you sent above (thanks for that the1 really appreciate it), have doubled clicked on them to open them once downloaded and again I get the same message saying I need to buy winzip, so this goes back to my original question has anybody used windows 10 without winzip.

Might be easier if I start screen dumping and attaching to posts to see what my troubles are.
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

hope the attachment works, that's the view of my documents folder on the laptop, you will see memcal I.D tool if I was to try and open that file, I would get a message to buy winzip.
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png
The1

Post by The1 »

did you follow my first post? There's also a guide in the FAQ Tunerpro RT Datalogging & OSEPlugin Guide.pdf

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

ok so I fanally figured it out, it was all to do with having the right program/app to open the downloaded bin/zip file.......wow that had me firetrucked for ages, ok so anybody with windows 10 and doesn't have winzip, download 9zip app its free (which I previously said does nothing...I was wrong), so this time I right clicked on the drrr bin that I downloaded from this site, (you can see it in the screen dump attachment above) went to "open with" clicked onto the 9zip app it then sent it there which I had done previously, and previously I had then doubled clicked and nothing would happen....but if you then right click again and again go to "open with" tunerpro comes up in the list so then you can just send it straight to tuner pro.

Ummmmmmmmmmm.....next issue where can I find a $A6 bin I can only find $A6F on here
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Windows xp and newer open zip with no extra software. The reason you are asked to buy winzip is because you installed winzip and its a trial. Uninstall in and you should be able to click to open zips and copy and paste the contents to outside the zip. Then you can use them as you expect.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396