VR V6 Not starting

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

Re: VR V6 Not starting

Post by L67PSI »

Dazza92VP wrote:If your getting spark the dfi is working can you log and see if the ecu is actually receiving an rpm signal from the dfi module as vlad said dfi is in bypass mode during cranking and doesn't need the ecu at all to create spark but you said you have no injector pulse which is
Leaning towards no rpm signal to the ecu so its it going to fire the injectors at all
Can tuner pro show the rpm signal while cranking?
L67PSI

Post by L67PSI »

antus wrote:If there is no codes i'd be looking at the injector wiring on the output side of the computer. Ive heard of hard to find problems in the loom causing similar and i guess it could also be a short in an injector preventing others from firing.
I just looked over injector wiring. It is getting 12v to both both side of injector plug, and 12v all the way back to pin C16 (light blue) from wiring diagram.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Should be able to see rpm while cranking yes
wozza
cars: VR commodore

Post by wozza »

if you have spark, get some easystart or start ya bastard and spray some down the T/B.... if the car fires then you know its fuel related...if not then start checking things like compression, plug leads in right order timing ect...
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

He already has sprayed something down the inlet and it fired as well as put a noid light on the injector plug and it didn't pulse
wozza
cars: VR commodore

Post by wozza »

Dazza92VP wrote:He already has sprayed something down the inlet and it fired as well as put a noid light on the injector plug and it didn't pulse
Doh! didnt read that and it was in the first post....:) ....nothing to see here move along ....move along ;)
ecotech related but may help
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/th ... tec.77958/
L67PSI

Post by L67PSI »

Dazza92VP wrote:Should be able to see rpm while cranking yes

Using USB ALDL and Efi Live v4, I was able to see cranking RPM, was around 220.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Sounds like vats is not disabling or ecu has no power you will get spark and injector power even without the ecu plugged in .if you are getting check engine light on ignition ecu is at least powered up
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Good point dead bcm or bad ring around the key would fail vats and kill fuel.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

That's the next thing was going to say if it's got rpm. Does efilive show immobiliser info see if it does get any signal from the bcm like 12p or 11p does?