VR V6 Not starting

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: VR V6 Not starting

Post by vlad01 »

antus wrote:Good point dead bcm or bad ring around the key would fail vats and kill fuel.
I had this problem in my bother's VR, just stopped starting one day and I found nothing wrong with either key or contact ring and wiring. Same thing, spark, no injector pulse.

read from the ALDL cable and found a security fault, BCM appeared to no longer be working in the security department or a connection though I couldn't find a connection problem? So out came an EEPROM and my burner, bye bye vats and problem solved!
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

L67PSI wrote:Some progress. Now have the noid light flashing, but no start.
At this point I would be removing the rail and seeing if the injector are spraying. I have had a number of engines where after a couple of weeks to a few months where injectors got stuck closed, not just one or two, most cases all of them so no fuel at all.

I have has this happen too many times to dismiss it during starting issues and often will look at that after confirming injector pulse, strong spark at the actual plugs and fuel pressure.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

Post by L67PSI »

vlad01 wrote:
L67PSI wrote:Some progress. Now have the noid light flashing, but no start.
At this point I would be removing the rail and seeing if the injector are spraying. I have had a number of engines where after a couple of weeks to a few months where injectors got stuck closed, not just one or two, most cases all of them so no fuel at all.

I have has this happen too many times to dismiss it during starting issues and often will look at that after confirming injector pulse, strong spark at the actual plugs and fuel pressure.
Vlad you're on the money. I removed the fuel rail and cranked it over and nothing from fuel injectors.

Removed injectors from rail and connected to independent 12v power, after a few attempts of cycling power on and off it started clicking as normal. Put them back in and it now fires up.

The older fuel must've gummed them up as they were all (6) stuck closed.

Thanks to all who assisted. :thumbup:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

:thumbup:
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Had one with a similar problem many years ago and it turned out to be a fuse but can't remember which one.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Where did the attached bin file go?

There is a anti-theft that can be disabled & I just got 1 of these to look at for someone else yesterday, but it had anti-theft disabled.

Does the $11 kalmaker have just 1 minute ign on & 1 minute off & then should pass security after that?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

It's strange the file I read off memcal data starts at 5000 & memcal ID says it's kalmaker but looking at the data it looks like it's based off BLCB version but I can't find any stock kalmaker files based off BLCB?