Nvram issue

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
maverickpug666
cars: vr ss hsv enhanced

Nvram issue

Post by maverickpug666 »

Ok so installed my nvram in my vr ss auto downloaded the 11p package soldered the jumper wire as per instructions im using an envyous customs aldl cable for the logging now my issue is the nvram comnects etc to tuner pro rt with the associated xdfs bins and adx files loaded but i keep getting a data error every 2 seconds or so and i cant figure out what it is thats causing it any help would be appreciated
Gareth

Re: Nvram issue

Post by Gareth »

I don't know what the exact cause of those errors are but as far as I am aware that's normal.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

maverickpug666 wrote:Ok so installed my nvram in my vr ss auto downloaded the 11p package soldered the jumper wire as per instructions im using an envyous customs aldl cable for the logging now my issue is the nvram comnects etc to tuner pro rt with the associated xdfs bins and adx files loaded but i keep getting a data error every 2 seconds or so and i cant figure out what it is thats causing it any help would be appreciated
Depends on the ADX file used for logging, different definition files have different timeout differences then others ect. Likely be the definition file requests an update from the ECU faster than the ECU can keep up with or the timeout for waiting for a reply is too small. :thumbup:

My old VY V6 use to miss a response every so often as the ADX file was requesting information faster than the ECU was responding.

Hope that helps explain the logging scenario! :)
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

When they error, are any packets missed? Or is the displayed error count just a visual notification?
maverickpug666

Post by maverickpug666 »

Its the connection box where it says connected itll connect then be right for a few seconds then turn red data error goes on in this cycle till i stop connection ill be checking the aldl config tommorow aswell as double checking my xdf and associated files surely there is somthing ive missed or havent unticked new to this so
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Does the echo box need to be ticked or unticked?
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Sounds like his having a data connection issue with the aldl cable when in TunerPro
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

With pcmhacking interfaces its with echo....
Error denotes a checksum failure or timeout. Its more likely to be checksum failure, they dont really timeout for individual packets unless there is no comms at all. Wrong echo setting would cause heaps of problems from the get go.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
maverickpug666

Post by maverickpug666 »

So echo needs to be enabled in both prefrence windows and in adx edit tick the rs232 echo aswell?? How do you see a checksum problem?
Ken

Post by Ken »

After a couple of years of not playing around with this side of tuning, I recently figured I was ready for another tinker, ran through the process of setting everything up on the new laptop I have, connected to the sons new ride, & noticed the same, intermittent disconnects where the coloured notification on the bottom where it says [ DA: Not Connected ] or [ DA: Connected ] was constantly changing status from connected to not connected, then connected again..
After triple checking everything I took the last resort of dumping the contents of the nvram & comparing it to the getrag version I downloaded from here & flashed to it a few weeks ago, not sure how, but it was altered, even though I'd not attempted to alter any of the tune yet.
I reflashed the nvram, & have yet to see it ever randomly disconnect again..
Not saying it's your problem, but it fixed my intermittent disconnect/reconnect situation..