Nvram issue

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Nvram issue

Post by antus »

Thats not normal and more likely a co-incidence or some device ram that was pulled out over aldl. I'd be very wary of grouping these issues together. I'd be questioning sources of interfearance in the car (was this before you found and fixed the widepand power interfearance?), the aldl interface itself and its ability to reject noise (its not one of ours with its additional noise rejection and not sure if usb cable type with ferrite bead either), or possibly another device on the vehicle bus though those symptoms would be a corrupt packet here or there, not comms failure after a couple of seconds as I think is described here.

When using oseplugin you only need to set echo in its options page. Without oseplugin it needs to be right in the adx.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
maverickpug666
cars: vr ss hsv enhanced

Post by maverickpug666 »

Ken is your sons car an auto? Now ive seen some replys im thinking it might be a bin error. Do i have to use custom memory mapping when writing the bin to the nvram?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

It wont be a bin error. 11P check the running code during boot/key on to ensure that everything is valid and correct. Makes sure the engine is safe by halting the PCM if an issue is found. If its not valid you wont be connecting at all via ALDL.

You either have the issue Tazzi mentioned regarding a delay being needed in the ADX (normally only on VS and later MAF PCMs and fast logging PCs), a slightly noisy data bus (VR autos are notorious for this) or a faulty ALDL interface.
maverickpug666

Post by maverickpug666 »

Ok so how do i set a delay in the adx? Im new to this so still learninn sorry if i ask obvious questions. And the vr auto data bus being noisy anyway to combat that ?
maverickpug666

Post by maverickpug666 »

I got it fellas had to set an adx delay its now working:)
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know what it was