Need help. L67 cammed tune.

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Ryanisaac
cars: L67 vx. Ecotech bottem end. Mace sc stage2 cam

Need help. L67 cammed tune.

Post by Ryanisaac »

Gday guys. I was wonder if anyone can reprogram my ecu. Recently just built a l67 with a ecotech(l36) bottem end, 130lb valve springs, mace stage 2 sc cam 82' thermostat and a 25mm sc spacer in a vt. I recently pulled the ecu out and it had a chip torque chip in it but unaware of what is progamed on it and if i can be reprogramed or not? I aslo have a vx non sc v6 ecu. Was hoping someone has a idel on what needs to be changed in the programing and can help me out$$
Cheers guys! Very new to all this.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Need help. L67 cammed tune.

Post by antus »

For a build like that your probably better off putting it on a dyno. You'll probably be able to get better results with a tune for the right injectors and cam by someone experienced but it wont be ideal. Dont run random tunes, results will be poor and could case engine damage. If you want to give it a go yourself check out the FAQ link in the top right and consider running the1's enhanced configured for your injectors as a starting point. You havnt told us what ecu is it now, or what model car. If its a commodore and you want dash working etc that'll affect your options.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Ryanisaac
cars: L67 vx. Ecotech bottem end. Mace sc stage2 cam

Post by Ryanisaac »

Its a factory l67 vt. The reason i ask is im a long way away from anyone able to dyno tune it.
The1

Post by The1 »

it'd be guesswork but better than factory tune for mail order, the equipment is available on here if you want to do it yourself, you would just need a wideband as well.