UV light

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
oss96
cars: 96 Vs ss manual
97 Vs v8 Calais
09 Ve ssv manual
17 vf ssv redline manual

UV light

Post by oss96 »

Just out of curiosity would a UV nail lamp be sufficient enough to erase STD memcal eproms? would the wavelengths be different?
Only reason for asking is you can access them fairly cheap in Australia, and would save the hassle of buying a eprom eraser from the states.
delcowizzid

Re: UV light

Post by delcowizzid »

People used to use toothbrush sterilizing toothbrush holders back in the day lol can buy a China eraser for 10 bucks on eBay and have it in a few days they last forever
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah +1, except i'd say your looking at ~$20 from HK and 2 weeks postage.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah they have gone up in price lol mine's so old now still going strong expected it to fail before now or at least blow a bulb and get a new unit as it's easier.but I am carefully with it doesn't get knocked around
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

oss96 wrote:Just out of curiosity would a UV nail lamp be sufficient enough to erase STD memcal eproms? would the wavelengths be different?
Only reason for asking is you can access them fairly cheap in Australia, and would save the hassle of buying a eprom eraser from the states.
depends on the wavelength, it has to be short enough that the photons have enough energy to knock the electrons through? or off? the floating gate to discharge them.

I would think around 250nm as they are basically sterilizing/germicide lamps. Which are pretty dangerous and will cause burns and cell/dna damage. So I doubt the nail polish curing lamps are those. They would be more likely be 350-400nm range.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.