Tech 2 Question

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Z2TT
cars: VS Commodore
Pulsar N13

Tech 2 Question

Post by Z2TT »

Hi Guys.

I've been on this forum for a long time but 1st time actually posting I think, I had thought this might be the best place to get some advice on this.

I want to buy a Tech II tool, either a Genuine Bosch one or a clone - I have been doing as much research as I can to see what the differences in functionality are.

From what I have read they will do exactly the same thing except that if you try to buy a TIS Access Pass and you have a clone tool, it simply won't work,
Yet there is some sellers online that advertise that it will work fine. Could anybody please give me some more information on this and whether it's down to the firmware
version you are using or the program on your PCMCIA card you have?

For those of you who have bought clone tools, is there a certain seller or store that is the best to purchase from, as I have no idea if they all come from the same factory
in the end or if there is lower quality or better quality ones.

Thanks in advance.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Tech 2 Question

Post by Charlescrown »

I have had a clone for about 3 years now and it does everything I want it to. I haven't used it to program any ECU's so can't comment on the GMH subscription but I believe it's possible. The software it came with is for export Holdens but I can't find the differences.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You might also want to consider an MDI these days.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Z2TT
cars: VS Commodore
Pulsar N13

Post by Z2TT »

Would there be a MDI tool that can do everything the Tech 2 can on VT to VE? So to reduce need for two different tools?

Is it possible to get an adapter for the Tech 2 to allow to work on cars with MDI interface or does the software capability not support it?

Cheers.