VT V6 injector cylinder no2 staying on

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
damzook
cars: SR20 sierra, 300c hemi

VT V6 injector cylinder no2 staying on

Post by damzook »

Hi guys
Ive been building a 4wd hilux for a mate we put a VT V6 motor and auto box in it we sourced the motor and box from a wrecked hilux that had already had the conversion done. ive got it up and running but it is running very rough did the usal checks and with a temp gun found 5 cylinders (at the exhaust manifold ) were getting nice and hot but cylinder No2 will not go above 35 degrees with a test lamp found the injector stays on doesnt pulse. thought there must be a short in the earth wire from the injector to the pcm so i ran a new wire from the injector to pin E3 still the same. checked pin with meter and it switches to earth and stays there doesnt pulse.
theres no bcm or diagnoistics port so cant check for fault codes.
would there a be reason for the injector staying on or would there be a fault with the pcm.
also due to the custom exhaust I dont have the egr valve installed have just left the egr unpluged does anyone know how much a problem this could cause and yes the port on the throttle body has been blocked off.
Cheers Guys
Dave
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: VT V6 injector cylinder no2 staying on

Post by immortality »

I'd try another PCM. EGR may set a fault code because it's not plugged in.
The1

Post by The1 »

Can you try swapping injectors around, it could be dirty and the pin is stuck open
damzook
cars: SR20 sierra, 300c hemi

Post by damzook »

will try swapping injectors around but does it even when i unplug the injector and plug test light in.
I did this on the other injectors and they all pulse. I also checked for bent pins and dodgey connections at the pcm but everything checks out okay.
Im figuring the pcm is dodgey is there anyone penrith blue mountains area that can remove vats for me if i get another pcm.

thanks guys