Idle on stock s3 304 ute

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Re: Idle on stock s3 304 ute

Post by gtrboyy »

Hmm very interesting,having played with 3 of these s3 engine found each was different for faults.

Have found when vacuum leak comes up can be lines to purge solenoid fallen off/split...any of those vacuum lines worth checking for leaks particularly little runt at rear of manifold for heater controls & vacuum ball.

I'd rather have knock sensor turned off if it has a tune in it just to see if it improves anything as engine harmonics can trip them out on some cars.

Dunno about MAF never had one stuff up except for blown fuse when doing conversion into torana
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Did you check to see if you had +12 volts going to the MAF with engine running?
The J'rod
cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute

Post by The J'rod »

I haven't yet Kojab hoping to find some time this weekend, could a faulty MAF though cause problems with the steps on IAC
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

So I tested my volts at the plug I have 12v
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

That was the MAF I tested
The J'rod

Post by The J'rod »

so finally after nearly a year I finally have a ute that runs properly, learnt the hard way (as per my usual way to learn) that don't fuck around with so called OEM sensors and buy genuine Delphi which are 3 times the price.....it ended up being the tps, but wouldn't throw fault codes and volts wise seem to read ok, but it would just play up every now and then, and was probably just reading enough volts at idle .4 to not throw low volts fault , now that I've thrown the Delphi one in it reads at .5 at idle....anyway this was combined with a purge solenoid that was shot.....there is a heaps longer story to this but i'm not going to bore everyone with my bad luck and bad timing of things going wrong......the end conclusion is triple check your tps with its readings and never forget about your purge solenoid for vacuum leaks, rather than spending hours on your vacuum lines trying to find leaks that don't exist.