VT -VY loom differences and interchangeable components???

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
scantle
cars: VT SS, V2 Monaro, HQ Monaro

VT -VY loom differences and interchangeable components???

Post by scantle »

SOS..... I am building a VT SS series 2 manual for the wife (slow build - long story)...... Also note that the VT SS has no motor, loom, manual gearbox, PCM, and PIM. It does however have the BCM still and works, as the key can unlock the car and all other car components functions.

We have purchased a VY SS manual thinking that the transplant should be straight forward but we have noticed that the loom is different.

Questions:
Can we use the VY loom with an interface harness of some sort?
Can we use a VT Series II loom and use the PCM and PIM from the VY and get the PIM to learn the password from the BCM?

OR :comp: :sad2:
Do I have to find a VTII Loom, PCM and PIM?.......

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: VT -VY loom differences and interchangeable components??

Post by antus »

Im not certain about these answers, but since you dont have another reply yet, i'll give you my thoughts. The engine is the LS1, so the computer should be compatible, but might need a VT tune and operating system flashed on it. Provide its service number and I can check.
The PIM probably wont be compatible, as the VY and VT dash is very different and a large part of its work is to translate data out to the dash.
The loom would be close but probably will provide some problems. Get both wiring diagrams and start comparing, compare pinouts on the PIMs. Wether its worth modifying or getting the right one and selling the one you have is an open question.
I am not aware of an adapter.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
scantle

Post by scantle »

Thank Antus,
I will get a pic as soon as I can, and post it here.
Steve
scantle

Post by scantle »

Hi Antus,
Attached is the PCM which I have for the VTII, this PCM is out of a VY SS
Attachments
PCM.JPG
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

That'll be good to use. Im pretty sure DSKW is the latest VY tune. Questions are around the PIM, loom, and vehicle security.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396