Sluggish vp t5 v6

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Re: Sluggish vp t5 v6

Post by gtrboyy »

Junkyard dog strikes again!

*1st-reverse selecting issue apparently clutch/pressure - Adjusted to spec with new clutch spring...band-aid fix push seat up 1-2 notches so stumpy leg gets clutch pedal all way to floor lol.

*Pinion bearing needs replacing - got 3.45 gears in a box,just need lsd centre & festy speedo corrector (also got vl & vn 4.11 diffs in shed)

*Balancer miight be on way out,sounds like it from inside cabin although visually not really wobbling or anything

*Radiator cap looks old...started getting hot as in 2nd last notch on temp gauge jammed in traffic on hot day.

Ironically on freeway it will go all way down to 2nd or even 1st notch on gauge...cruise at 60km/h needle sits in middle.

Stilll NFI where oil spitting oil onto driver's chassis rail is from lol
gtrboyy
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

Anyone know if vn executive eurovox radio has pin code or did that only start with vr-s model?
(Spotted one at wreckers,they didn't know when asked)

Also curious if worn stocker timing chain can slip cog when changing harmonic balancer...you know when put it in gear,handbrake up then tighten balancer tight as fcuk spec?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

They all did.

Chain can't slip, its not a ford or some jap shit.

I had well over 25mm of slack in my old engine but I tried to see if I could get it to jump to see if it was even possible.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
gtrboyy
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

That sucks if they all need pin codes...anyone ever crack them?

If I go back might pull radio out see if pin was written on it or look for log book...was way too clean pheonix red vn series 1 to be at prick n paymore
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

gtrboyy wrote:That sucks if they all need pin codes...anyone ever crack them?

If I go back might pull radio out see if pin was written on it or look for log book...was way too clean pheonix red vn series 1 to be at prick n paymore

You can get the code from any holden dealer. Just need to go there with the vin number and ask for security info. I got all mine from holden including radio serial number, pin, key codes for the door and ATM disable/enable key and also the remote entry program code, which you can still buy the genuine new remotes from mongoose.

My dealer just gave me the info without asking ownership proof but I would suggest you show them a receipt for the radio or some proof the car is at a wrecker. Cos anyone could just give them a vin and get all the stuff to just jump in and steal someones car, like I could have :lol:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
gtrboyy
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

Was enough of a shitfight buying hsv parts to restore vn grp a 15 years ago.

They'd have to give me radio dirt cheap or free to chase pin codes up...they either laugh or give evil eye at parts counter when they hear 1993 vp...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Guy gave me the eye and ranted non stop saying I'm wasting my (meaning his time) and I said just do it!

Sure enough all the data was there. Its only the late I think vt to vz they lost a lot of data on the cars. Someone apparently deleted it and they didn't notice until it was too late lol. Most of the older cars are still on the system.
gtrboyy
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

Couldn't resist so went back today for $12 eurovox radio..also tried to find level 2 vn-p or vr-s dash no joy,previous visit there were several now all been smashed just for odo cog.

Less eratic temp guage with new radiator cap...fan comes on earlier but for less time when stopped.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Why would anyone want a used odo gear? genuine new ones are like 20 bucks and used ones all by now have turned to mush.

probably some drug heads who have negative money. I have never seen anyone do that here in vic, people take the whole cluster.
gtrboyy
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

They smash them apart for odo cog or voltage regulator,same thing all need solder job on 3 prongs.

Worst part is dashes were mint with super low kilometres on the odo like 60k-100k range..well worth $40.

Didn't know vr-s were compatible otherwise I'd have bought 60k vs dash,done the 2 standard repairs & had rev tacho weeks ago.

Other thing noticed gronks pocket the memcals & take lsd centres breaking everything else

Pick n payless screwdriver all the full tanks to drain them...even big tanks in statesman/calais that people bust a nut for.