Sluggish vp t5 v6

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Sluggish vp t5 v6

Post by vlad01 »

reco calipers, slotted disks all round, track/street performance pads (QFM HPX or A1RM, Some of DBA track pads have good rep) and VH512 dual diaphragm booster. Makes a massive difference.

Or you can get adapter hubs and convert the front to VT-VZ brakes but needs custom hoses and possibly a larger MC so the pedal doesn't drop so low.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

Not sure reco standard setup will be enough if I modify this thing in a few years time.

For some reason not that keen on vt conversions although seems like little choice for budget options.

Didn't mind 330mm twin piston brakes that vn group a had & optioned up senators but rarely see those for sale
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VT calipers were bigger than group A front calipers, same with rear. VT conversion is def a good way to go.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

Probably biased comparing 330mm hsv brakes had on lc gtr & vn group a

Couple cars I've been in with vt conversion seemed ordinary..think they had vs booster vt m/cyl though.

Still waiting to send the sle away for fab work so ute might get vl diff & airbox mods in next few weeks.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

gtrboyy wrote:Probably biased comparing 330mm hsv brakes had on lc gtr & vn group a

Couple cars I've been in with vt conversion seemed ordinary..think they had vs booster vt m/cyl though.

Still waiting to send the sle away for fab work so ute might get vl diff & airbox mods in next few weeks.

yes the VS booster is shite, best booster is the VH512 aka v8 tandem booster.

Not sure what size the VT mc is, but smaller means greater braking with less pedal force at the cost of pedal drop during application.

I personally like a soft pedal with some amount of travel, hate rock hard brakes like most modern cars have. By far the wort is Fords, its like the pedal is seized its that hard.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I believe the VT MC is a fast fill 1 1/4" . I like the feel of the VT style booster/MC setup. MC and slave need to be matched which is why it's important to upgrade the MC when doing the VT style conversion.

The compete VT brake upgrade on an early Commodore with good pads and rotors is a huge step up over stock IMHO. You need to ensure the engine is running well too as it will effect engine vacuum and how well the booster works. Since I did the plugs on the Calais the brake pedal has been a lot more consistent.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

I've done the Vt front brakes group a/corvette c4 rear vented brakes. Vs brake booster and vt master cylinder and the damn thing almost tears your face off when braking.i would like to see the difference in braking performance at some time ill chuck my car over the brake tester at work would love to get a standard car and brake test it as well just to see the difference
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Dazza92VP wrote:I've done the Vt front brakes group a/corvette c4 rear vented brakes. Vs brake booster and vt master cylinder and the damn thing almost tears your face off when braking.i would like to see the difference in braking performance at some time ill chuck my car over the brake tester at work would love to get a standard car and brake test it as well just to see the difference

Thats good to hear. I will do the same except with the better VH512 booster and standard VN type 1" MC
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Dazza92VP wrote:I've done the Vt front brakes group a/corvette c4 rear vented brakes. Vs brake booster and vt master cylinder and the damn thing almost tears your face off when braking.
For sure, its an excellent bolt on setup for the early cars.
vlad01 wrote:Thats good to hear. I will do the same except with the better VH512 booster and standard VN type 1" MC
Have tried both a 1" and custom 1 1/16" master with double diaphragm booster and VT calipers. To me both sucked compared to now having the VS booster and VT master combo, but if you like soggy sponge brakes you will love it :lol:
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Any body have a standard vn or vp preferably a wagon just to keep weight the same in Perth I can throw over the brake tester? Really want to see the difference stoping distance and force then I can throw the finding up here