Spartan Wideband

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
scrubmonk
cars: VS V8, VW Golf MkVI TDI

Spartan Wideband

Post by scrubmonk »

Just wondering if someone can answer a few questions with wiring in a Spartan 2 Wideband.
I have a VS 5L with manual conversion, 424 ECU.
Spartan 2 from 14.7 with their AFR Gauge. Wideband Feed wired to the D7 injector voltage monitor line in the ECU.
Using 11P_1baA.adx with the Spartan wideband feed, and the BWFU_mod_Wideband bin modified for my cam, intake and injectors (286 Crane, Starr 100mm inlet, LS1 injectors, 10:1 compression).
Getting a reading from the Spartan Gauge but just can't get anything in Tuner Pro.
Thought it might be because I have the Spartan Gauge and it is some how robbing the signal, but 14.7 assured me it wouldn't be the case. Cut the signal wire to the gauge anyway, but made no difference.
Do I need the narrow band simulator to be wired in? Am I missing something?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Spartan Wideband

Post by Dylan »

That ADX may not be ideal for that BIN. It could be copied over to 11P if you wish? Send me a PM and see if we can work that out. EST way forward.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Did you remove the pull up resistor form the ECU?
scrubmonk

Post by scrubmonk »

No, haven't removed pull up resistor. Thought that was only on the early 808 ECUs?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

That's to remove any error. You need to remove it to get any reading on a 424.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

On 11P it uses a spare analog input that a resistor mod is needed/recommended, its in the 11P zip file. As the OP is using the injector voltage monitor of an essentially standard bin there is no resistor to mod. You will need to use an ADX that matches your bin. Some extra info where you downloaded the bin .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewt ... band#p7149

This is far from ideal though, the resolution is pretty average on the 0-25.5V input. The spartan is 0-5V covering 10-20AFR, so you will only get 0.2AFR at the very most (its more like +-0.4AFR).

Any reason you cant use 11P and take up dylans offer above?
scrubmonk

Post by scrubmonk »

Appreciate all the help. I've removed the resistor and I'll set it up the the relevant ADX and BIN and let you know how it goes.