4l60e

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Gareth

Re: 4l60e

Post by Gareth »

I'll buy it as a spare for our wagons
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

When it comes to 2nd hand vehicles with automatic transmissions I think it's a bit of a lottery. Fluid is the lifeblood of a transmission and the condition of said fluid greatly influences whether it lives or dies. For cars that are driven hard the factory recommended service intervals for automatics is just way to long.
nutbag355
cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport

Post by nutbag355 »

Well it sounds like a good thing that I've got a few boxes laying around. May need them :lol:
L67VSTY
cars: vs,vt,vy

Post by L67VSTY »

I recently got some advice from a transmission parts wholesaler saying that there was a lot of rebuilders claiming warranty on their parts a few years ago & when they started to investigate they found that tuners unknowing the consequences reduced the line pressure at high cruising speeds which allowed the clutches to burnout in top gear, they were thinking there is not much load at that speed (he said make sure you don't do that). I am currently working on 2 of my cars 4L60e both L67's a VT std box & a VS with transgo HD shift kit & corvette servo it's a slow process little by little as I am not sure of the range the parameters go to except for the force motor settings of 90 but it is definitely making an improvement to the shifts but not to the Et's.
The1

Post by The1 »

Stock tune in alot of them is 0-10psi Holden tried to save fuel , then added pwm ontop