Car won't start

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
delcowizzid

Re: Car won't start

Post by delcowizzid »

I played with a stock 304 with cam only Turbo setup ages ago went 312rwkw on 13psi did have a weird Alien style plenum on top of cutoff stock runners.more boost pushed a gasket and broke a ring land but it had had a hard life on boost up until then lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

It was running an old link ecu tune will be on my laptop somewhere I'll see if I can dig it out
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
nutbag355
cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport

Post by nutbag355 »

Boost does tend to bring out those little flaws in a motor lol. So I could definitely slide more timing into it then if you got those numbers from a 304. I should be seeing simalar numbers with this setup given it's a 355. More playing is required I thinks.

That would be handy if you could or do that mate. Would be good to see just how far it can be pushed before I hit a brick wall and legs start flying around the dyno cell lol
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

https://youtu.be/-1ouPT57xoQ there's the intake lol
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Can you tell me what the physical dimensions of that 92?mm TB is, like the flange size and how much wider with the part where the IAC attaches is from center?

I know these are the starr manifold TBs and was interested in them to use on my future V6 project where I needed at least 80mm to get the flow required, but I hadn't seen any good pics on the net or physical sizes mentioned to work out if could get it to fit with a custom or modified elbow and clear the firewall and all, have the factory cruise bracket fit some how too.

Be nice if it worked out, and a lot easier than some custom billet thing.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
nutbag355
vs ss
vr clubsport

Post by nutbag355 »

I won't be back in the shop until Friday but if I remember I'll get a ruler out and take some pics for you vlad, the cable bracket that it comes with houses both the factory throttle and cruise cables so so long as it clears the firewall you should be able to retain it.
nutbag355
vs ss
vr clubsport

Post by nutbag355 »

delcowizzid wrote:It was running an old link ecu tune will be on my laptop somewhere I'll see if I can dig it out
hey mate, if you get a moment would you be kind enough to pm me a screen shot of the timing map pleeeeeeeeeaaase? :thumbup:
brindo

Post by brindo »

Do you see any knock if you go higher than 15 deg? Mine is MAF based and is still only a 304, but with the same blower, and different cams and compression though, but has no knock at 22 deg at 9 psi manifold pressure.
Is there too much advance in the stock ignition map?

Unfortunately we won’t get the manifold temps down any lower than what the jacket water or oil temps are running at.
nutbag355
vs ss
vr clubsport

Post by nutbag355 »

Yeah I've accepted that that's the change temp. And no knock present

Just threw 18 degrees at it and picked up 35hp so play with a bit of fueling and give it a couple more degrees and see what happens.
nutbag355
vs ss
vr clubsport

Post by nutbag355 »

Got a better result with more timing, pretty happy with the end figure
Attachments
IMG_3974.JPG