808 comms and turner pro not working

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
BOGSTOCK
cars: supercharged v6 hilux
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace

808 comms and turner pro not working

Post by BOGSTOCK »

Hey Lads,
so i have a 355 rebuilt stroker vp engine with an 808 ecu.
I've soldered in the pcm comms board as per instructions and tested connections with a multimeter.
I have the nvram installed, the ose12p v112 bin loaded and the oem memcal fitted to the nvram board and engine fires up no sweat
i cant get tunerpro to communicate with ecu, I have tuned a few with the nvram via obd and all works well, so its not like its a new install.
I've checked com port settings as com9 on device settings and in tunerpro, checked and unchecked cable echo but no good.
I've changed ADX file to every option with 1bar but still no comms.
My comms board pwr led lights up when connected to laptop and shows up in device menu.
Need help anyone please
delcowizzid

Re: 808 comms and turner pro not working

Post by delcowizzid »

Try connecting with the ose flashtool and see if it gets a connection ok
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
BOGSTOCK
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace

Post by BOGSTOCK »

tried and no communication with flashtool
trying a new ecu as this one is rich at idle and lean under load, no changes i make to ve table or af ratio table make a differance so possible ecu is faulty and in base fueling. I've upgraded the eprom to a 27c256 and loaded the OSE12P bin on that.
See how this goes
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah that doesnt sound right. Likely a problem with the prom, missing a data or address pin and running in backup mode.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
BOGSTOCK
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace

Post by BOGSTOCK »

Yeah this is doing my head in! So I changed ecu's, ran a new patch wire for writing to ecu, wired the Comms board and still no Comms. Std eprom Eng warm running is 12.5afr idle any load at all runs 15.5afr and up if I kept applying load. The 12p file runs 11.8afr idle and 2500rpm wot afr start climbing from 14.2afr. Changing injector scaling to extreme, running ve table extreme makes zero difference. Checked tps signal all ok, map signal all ok definitely seems like a base fuel map but have no idea why and where to go from here. The 12p file def has made a difference compared to stock file but I can't work out WTF is going on???
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Will it flash error codes on the check engine light if you put it in diagnostic mode.sounds like there's no code running on the ecu and it's just on the limp home mode resistors .what file are you programming on the chip .
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

LED on the comms board always lit and the NVRAM LED going of instantly with the key is also a way of knowing the ECU is not running any code.
BOGSTOCK
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace

Post by BOGSTOCK »

Comms board lights up, nvram board lights up. It's a conversion in an old statesman, they put on the dyno due to surging so has been like it since conversion done. No diagnostic light or plug, I'm going over wiring now and found most pins spread in ecu plugs. It cut out every now and then, found a wriggle test on the ecu plugs would shut engine down. I might wire in a mil and put a switch in to display codes once I finish these plugs. Not confident that's the entire issue tho, I'm 100% sure it's in base fueling mode just really got me baffled as to why? Keep you posted anyway.
BOGSTOCK
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace

Post by BOGSTOCK »

Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the 9pin white plug and the diagnostic 6pin white plug that's near ecu, Don't have any of my diagrams with me and haven't done one of these in quite a while to remember.
BOGSTOCK
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace

Post by BOGSTOCK »

So sorted the issue, had no chassis earth so all earths to ecu were 300ohm or above. Tensioned all pins in plugs but found dry solder joints in 2nd ecu so threw in the bin and went back to original ecu. Didn't bother with Comms board just tuned old Skool and got the job done