Putting a 304 T5 in a VS S2

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
philkensebben
cars: Turbo VS Ecotec T5
G3 WRX

Re: Putting a 304 T5 in a VS S2

Post by philkensebben »

Ah! Perfect, sounds good to me then that's what I will do.

While I'm at it, once the engine is in I'll probably look at putting a blower on the top of it. Anything worth doing during the loom/ecu building to make this easier?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You'll need a 2 bar map sensor for boost, and our 12P software. Lately it seems the delco type 2 bar maps are mostly rubbish so current thoughts are to buy the 2 bar ls1 sensor with the connector and section that in. You'll need to look in to our software (see the guides in the FAQ area, link near top right) and set the software for 2 bar sensor even running NA though. Worth a read for familiarity wether you decide to do it right now or just run the factory sensor at this stage. I guess you'll need to look at changing injectors for boost, so you might want to just go one stage at a time. ecu software, injectors and map sensor changes will be needed for boost when your ready but there is nothing you need to worry about in preperation for that at this stage.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
philkensebben
cars: Turbo VS Ecotec T5
G3 WRX

Post by philkensebben »

Brilliant thank you for the information!

I'm thinking at this stage I'll do it in stages as there are a few things that can go wrong that might stuff up the whole build. I'll get a loom/ECU sorted first and at least get it running NA, then revise what to do in the next stage with the blower.