VS series 3 into Series 2

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
lowace
cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute

VS series 3 into Series 2

Post by lowace »

Hi all I have just finished a rebuild on my series 3 roller motor from my ute, I have also picked up a very neat series 2 vs ss which I'm thinking might be the donor for this cranky little 304.
My question is can I simply use my series 3 wiring loom and computer and place this into the ss and yes I know I will need to use the maf,the reason fro this is I have a Nvram already in my series 3 computer which THE1 has uploaded the new bin for me so thinking it would be the best option, or am I better off getting another custom chip for the series 2 computer and using it.

Any help here guys would be great. :thumbup:
Holden202T

Re: VS series 3 into Series 2

Post by Holden202T »

either is totally doable... I would go for the earlier option ecu, but that's just my personal preference for tuning.
lowace

Post by lowace »

Holden202T wrote:either is totally doable... I would go for the earlier option ecu, but that's just my personal preference for tuning.
I don't mind going with the earlier option if its going to be better in the long run but why do you think its better.
The one advantage I can see with the earlier ecu is there is no maf to deal with.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I prefer tuning MAP because its what I have more experience with, and also the ability to use $11P code with the earlier unit, but that said, the enhanced factory bins get the MAF ecu a lot closer to $11P than a stock bin file ....

certainly if it was going to see boost i'd go for the MAP based ecu.
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

If you plan on manifold change or going wild with cam/comp etc map based ecu just makes life easier later on
lowace

Post by lowace »

Thanks for the replies it looks like that maybe the best option then as later down the track a manifold change will happen and maybe some boost.
:evil: