304 running on 808 in ski boat - idle surge

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
jenko
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Re: 304 running on 808 in ski boat - idle surge

Post by jenko »

any updates as there's been plenty of water about
rhys_main

Post by rhys_main »

Hi all,
Been making some slow progress, but I’m getting there.
Wide band is in and operational... using it I’ve managed to get idle down to 600RPM and utilized the stall saver parameters to catch the engine when dropped into gear.
Something that has me puzzled is that I no longer seem to be able to generate BLM figures.. force open loop is not flagged and the BLM temp range is appropriate...the int value changes on the dash but never makes a change to the BLM table... all logged as 100.
I wired in the wideband “narrow simulation” wire to the narrow put and it appears to be cross counting but no BLM values other than 100... is the simulated output not satisfying the BLM requirements perhaps??
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its possible. You'll probably need to post at least a log and preferably also the bin for others to take a look.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
rhys_main

Post by rhys_main »

Hello again all,
I've attached the current BIN and a log. Still working on the VE table at this stage, getting the BLM working would be great to help the process along.
I found the culprit for a stall issue I was having, TPS pin was in the wrong place after I converted to wideband :oops:
I'm now wondering if that would have been holding the BLM figures at 100... perhaps TPS value was not satisfying the conditions for a learn situation.
Any other thoughts or comments on my current BIN file in general would also be welcomed!
Hope everyone had had a good xmas / new year.
Attachments
7.9.xdl
(331.41 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
7.9 Boat.BIN
(32 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
rhys_main

Post by rhys_main »

Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated:)
jenko
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

not sure about your blm
you could try running idle af ratio round 14.7 rather than 13.5 imo way too rich for engine with idle map around 40
rhys_main

Post by rhys_main »

Thanks Jenko
I'm looking to upgrade to the NVRAM for real time tuning... will be nice to speed up the trial and error process.

I'm currently using a "FTDI TTL-232R-5V-AJ USB to Serial (TTL level) converter cable" for high speed logging.
Wired in TX, RX and earth per a diagram/picture I saw in one of the other threads.

Can I continue to use this cable with the NVRAM?
Or is there something different about the way the alternative high speed comms board works?

... or perhaps I've misinterpreted that these do/don't need to be used together?? haha
jenko
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

not 100 % sure what your getting at but if you got the nvram and the coms board its usb and the ftidi chip is in the coms board
maybe Dylan has another view on it
rhys_main

Post by rhys_main »

I don't think I explained very well sorry.
I already have a USB cable with FTDI chip built in. That's what I'm currently using for high speed logging with 12P.
It's working perfectly, I soldered onto the 808 board at the TX, RX and ground locations.

Trying to figure out whether the comms boards available carries signals other than TX, RX and ground... or whether the cable I have performs the same roll.
Ultimately, do I only need the NVRAM now... or do I also need the comms board because it performs some function that my current cable cannot.

Sorry for the confusion... learning as I go :)
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You will only need an NVRAM, can use your current comms solution with it.