HSV 300kw .bin

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: HSV 300kw .bin

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I know I tried a 300Kw version file in a stock setup & injectors & airflow were very different so it didn't like it, but all depends on your setup!

If it's stock with all the normal goods changed I can get you a ballpark start with your actual vehicles identification in file given you have stock read, but Dylan should be able to sort you out also!
raksau
cars: '06 VZ Thunder 6.0Ltr 6-Speed Ute
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr
'04 VZ Executive 3.6Ltr Wagon
'89 VN 3.8Ltr 5-Speed Sedan

Post by raksau »

Thankyou i have spoken with dylan, i'm just waiting for my SOP44-DIP32 adapter to arrive then im going to do a read of the stock flash.
I have modified the Manual 300kw .bin that was posted earlier in this thread to suit the 4L60E Automatic transmission and uploaded it incase
it helps anyone out.

But yeah as soon as i get a valid read from the stock HSV GTS Monaro (C4B) flash i'll upload that also :)
Attachments
2001_Holden_300KW_Sedan_Auto(4L60-E).bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
raksau
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr

Post by raksau »

Okay so i finally went and picked up my mates computer.
Removed the Intel 28F400B5 Chip using my Rework Station Heat Gun and read it successfully using a Willem EPROM Programmer 5.0
via an old pc running Windows XP i built out of spare parts with an onboard LPT Port.

The Operating System Calibration Segment ID is: 12202088
So im using the XDF Files found here: http://static.moates.net/projects/0411/

I then inserted his parameter block into the 300kw tune file and from what i can tell everything looks good.
I was just wondering if someone with a little more knowledge could double check the file before i overwrite his current flash.
I have attached the modified flash file and also added some pics for reference.

If someone confirms the file is good to go i'd be glad to write up a tutorial of the full method i performed.
Thanks in advance

RaKS
Attachments
2001_Holden_300KW_Sedan_Auto(4L60-E).bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Last edited by raksau on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The vin doesnt look right - the first byte of it is a null. The segment checksums are all good. The VE table looks not so great... its got some weird dips and notches but thats probably how it is in the source bin and not such a concern while the maf is working. I'd copy the main VE out of a HSV bin though. I'd take a look at the spark tables and compare to the hsv bins too....
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
raksau
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr

Post by raksau »

First of all thankyou very much for your fast reply :)

So the first char of the VIN shouldn't be NULL, i'll have a look at the original file and see what the issue is there.
As far as i'm aware this tune is meant for the C4B which is mafless so im not sure why there are MAF settings at all?
But for now ill look into the VIN and report back :)

*UPDATE*
This is the Main VE Table stuff from the stock auto 300kw Tune (2001_Holden_300KW_Sedan_Auto(4L60-E).bin) Before i Added his Parameter block:

From what i can see the tune after adding his parameter block everything is the same.
Last edited by raksau on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Get the efilive v7.5 demo and it'll load the bin. And you can check some of the tables in 3d. I was going to post up a screen shot but it wasnt clean without being able to use the mouse to spin it around. There are also the XDFs for tunerpro, but im more accustomed to efilive for checking ls1 bins. The OS has MAF whether its modified to use it or not and I didnt check everyting. I just opened a couple of tables I thought had the most chance of being changed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
raksau
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr

Post by raksau »

I have the EFILive 7.5 Commercial Scan & Tune (No Cable) Edition Software however EFILive wasnt opening the tune before for some reason
but it just opened perfect so ill have a bit more of a look and double check some stuff.
I'll double check the original read from his chip and make sure i copied the parameter block correctly :)

*UPDATE* Found the VIN Issue, Attached corrected .bin tune :)

After inspection of the Original read .bin fie it shows the VIN incorrectly so im gonna go do a couple more test reads in diff modes to see what the issue is.
Will report back shortly.

*2ND UPDATE*
Got a correct read, had to do the original read then click the Action toolbar and Select 'Swap BYTE'.
Last edited by raksau on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
raksau
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr

Post by raksau »

Okay so i think i have finally managed to read a valid backup from the chip.
However i get an invalid Operating System Checksum when loading the backup into EFILive.

When i click Update Checksums EFILive gives the following warning:

PLEASE NOTE: Some factory calibrations are shipped from the factory
with incorrect and/or disabled checksums. If you have just read a file
from a WORKING controller, then you may safely correct the checksums.

So does this mean that i can now copy over his parameter block to the 300kw tune,
and if we encounter any issues flash this backup file back even though it shows an invalid Operating System Checksum?

I have attached the backup file for inspection :)
Thanks again

RaKS

*UPDATE*
I applied the parameter block to the new tune, erased and flashed new tune to the chip, re-soldered the chip back on the pcm.
I'll post results after i drop the pcm back to my mate this weekend, fingers crossed ;)
Attachments
FINAL_SWAPPED.BIN
(512 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Yep, its a 16 bit processor which is 'big endian' and the pc is 32 or 64 bit 'little endian'. This means the bytes are ordered in the opposite for each (16 bit) word. This is why you need the swap. And you'll need to swap back before you write the chip. See "68000 / 680x0" vs "8086 / x86".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compariso ... hitectures

The previous bin was OSID 12202088 and this one is 12225074.. Is that intentional? I would not expect the later (12225074) OS to have a bad OS segment checksum. The earlier Im not so sure about. I suspect there is a problem with this image. Also note that you cant mismatch a calibration for a 12202088 OS with a 12225074 OS as the data locations are different. Maybe you copied a bit too much and copied the header and first part of the OS segment in by accident? Im also not 100% sure if the param block is identical between operating systems. The obvious bits looks the same (ID parts) but I cant identify what every byte is to know.
raksau
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr

Post by raksau »

Yeah the OS was downgraded on purpose as the orig OS was causing EFILive to throw a few incorrect address issues (Shift Light, Knock Sensor and Torque Limiting or something).
Not sure why the original OS had Incorrect checksum, i read and verified the reads 10+ times and they all verified correctly however all showed incorrect OS Checksum in EFILive.
I did make sure to Swap Bytes before writing to the chip, Here's SS of the new tune and i've also attached the .bin to this post.
I'm dropping it back to my mate today for testing, will post results this afternoon hopefully :)
Attachments
HOLDEN_300KW_NOVATS.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 358 times