HSV 300kw .bin

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
raksau
cars: '06 VZ Thunder 6.0Ltr 6-Speed Ute
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr
'04 VZ Executive 3.6Ltr Wagon
'89 VN 3.8Ltr 5-Speed Sedan

Re: HSV 300kw .bin

Post by raksau »

Installed the Reflashed PCM in the car but it had no spark so after further inspection the dam Crank Angle Sensor wiring had all melted together which is why it stopped running for my mate a few weeks ago.
So now i'm just re-wiring the loom for him and replacing the CAS and then can report if all went well with the flash.

Unrelated to the flash, i'm currently using the XDF files from http://static.moates.net/projects/0411/ which are password protected so i cannot update them.
I read they where written by dimented24x7!.

According to this post http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... M-Project!
someone said he released a newer set that aren't password locked but i cannot seem to find the files.
If someone knows the password or can point me in the right direction of the unlocked XDF/s that would be great.

Thanks
RaKS
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Im not sure there are unlocked copies. I was working with Dimented back in 2011 and I have a copy which is file dated july 2011 in the zip and that copy also contains the password. I think if that unprotected copy existed we'd be able to find it pretty easily. Have you tried contacting dimented2x47?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
raksau
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr

Post by raksau »

No i have not contacted him directly, only as i figured he's probably a rather busy guy and i didn't really want to bother him.
Apparently the unlocked files are attached to the post on gearhead-efi but i am unable to view any file attachments on that forum for some reason.
In the same thread it mentions that Mark (EagleMark) Passed away and i wasn't sure if he was the main host of that forum and the file attachments no longer
exist due to hosting issues etc, but i'll contact dimented24x7 now and see what if there is an unlocked version and if so, if it's okay with him i'll attach them
to the .bin/.xdf thread.

Cheers
raksau
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr

Post by raksau »

Quick update regarding the OS 12225074 Not giving a valid Operating System Checksum in EFILive,
I just found an XDF i had downloaded a while ago called 'LS1 OSID 12225074 v01.xdf' which contains the flag 'Disable Flash Checksum Validation' located @ Offset 0xE3B1
I loaded up the Original BIN that i dumped from his 28F400B5-B Chip and the flag's Set Value is Ticked in TunerPro, So i assume this means the dump was 100% valid
but for some reason it was set to not validate the checksum from factory or someone else had already tampered with it before myself.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

The files download from gearhead for me, and they are unlocked! You need an account to download. Eaglemark did make arrangements for the site ownership to be passed on and it is still maintained and fully operational.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
raksau
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr

Post by raksau »

Okay thankyou, i have registered there but for some reason the site was in VBBulletin format, had to change to full site down the bottom to see the attached files.
Downloaded now and am gonna apply the 300kw tune engine cal/diag etc to his original backup and re-flash so it has the newer OS :)
Thanks again
raksau
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr

Post by raksau »

After further inspection of the 300kw Manual File it turns out that i can't just switch the Transmission Calibration and Diagnostic blocks to make it work for the 4L60E Automatic.
There are alot of invalid/blank Engine Calibration Tables etc that will cause issues once converted to Automatic, Desired Engine Idle Speed in P/N etc can be fixed easily but there's alot
of IAC tables etc that will require specific values to match the 300kw tune i would assume.

So while i go through the 300kw tune and slowly make the required adjustments for his transmission i corrected the OS checksum in his original backup file,
Disabled VATS and re-flashed that .bin, but still not getting power at the injectors and no spark. Fuel rail gets pressure so fuel pump is working which is odd so a little bit stumped at the moment.

The car broke down and wouldn't start before we started flashed the ecu so we assumed it was the CAS, so i replaced the Crank angle Sensor and CAS wiring loom but still the
same thing.

I have done some relay testing and they all seem to be working, all fuses are fine so i think i need to check power at the PCM/ECU/ECM whatever ya want to call it,
The Computer with the Red/Blue Plugs lol to make sure the loom isn't damaged anywhere.

Before i flash his original backup with the invalid checksum back i have placed his Parameter block into a valid 2002 Sedan 4L60E .bin with the same OS (12225074)
and everything looks good in EFILive and TunerPro, However i was wondering if someone with a benchtop setup could do a test flash for me to ensure the .bin i have
works before flashing it again as its an hour drive to my mates place to re-flash and im going through more fuel than it would cost to buy a proper tuner lol.
Filename: FINAL_SWAPPED-OSID_5074.bin

The above Flash still has VATS enabled as he still has the BCM etc connected so not sure if this is causing the issues with the current VATS Disabled .bin flash.

If not that's fine, i'll just keep re-flashing and troubleshooting :)

Also it seems that the OS 12225074 uses the following parameter block for vehicle info: 0x6000-0x7FFF instead of 0x4000->0x5FFF.
I checked his original backup and several matching OS .bin's i found online and all use the 0x6000-0x7FFF block.

*UPDATE*
I've also attached the Latest 300kw 4L60E Automatic tune i'm working on, Has his Parameter block inserted and corrected P/N Tables and so far it seems like it should work.
I have also built a bench test rig so i can go pick up his ECU and do some benchtop testing via ODBII using my ELM327 Cable from EnvyousCustoms.
Will post results when i have them :)

Thanks

RaKS
Attachments
FINAL_SWAPPED-OSID_5074.BIN
(512 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
2001 Holden Commodore Sedan LS1 (C4B-300KW) - 4L60E - 12202088.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
2001_Holden_300KW_Sedan_Auto(4L60E).bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Last edited by raksau on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

There are a lot of shoddy aftermarket cas around, its possible the new one is DOA. Use something like an elm interface and torque on your phone or equivalent to check the pcm sees rpm when your cranking. pcm stands for power control module and applies when the computer controls the engine and the transmission.

There are 2 param blocks, and every time an update is applied the location swaps from 4000 to 6000 as it writes the alternate one erases the old one. The ones on the net starting at 6000 have had something changed. A further changed by the pcm shutdown routine (probably due to something like a vin change over obd). A further changewould bring it back to 4000.
raksau
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr

Post by raksau »

Thanks for the heads up about the aftermarket CAS.

I went through all my old pc parts and found an old Dell laptop that has a port underneath for a Docking Station which has the DB25 port for my Willem EPROM Programmer.
So im just waiting for the docking station to arrive then ill be able to do a benchtop test and re-flash on the spot if necessary.
Will report back when i have done some more testing :)

Thanks
raksau
'94 VR S-Pack 3.8Ltr

Post by raksau »

2003 HSV GTS Sedan Automatic (300kw) Tune attached.
Thanks to forum member kojab for converting the tune.
Attachments
2003 HSV GTS Automatic LS1.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 487 times