Serial data on dash in ls1 swapped Silvia

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Aaron180
cars: VE Maloo
S13 Silvia

Serial data on dash in ls1 swapped Silvia

Post by Aaron180 »

Hi guys

I've just put an ls1 out of a VY SS into a Silvia and I'm currently making a standalone loom for it. I'm getting rid of the BCM and power train interface module and I was hoping to use the VY SS cluster with it.

I've had a look at the factory body loom out of the vy and the serial data wire going in to the cluster comes from the BCM which I'm getting rid of. So my question is can I hook up the cluster and get the engine error codes and coolant temp to work without the BCM? If I wire blue pin 58 serial data from the pcm, will it work???
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Re: Serial data on dash in ls1 swapped Silvia

Post by Tre-Cool »

if you want coolant temp to work you will need the bcm & pim to work. other then that you run the tacho/speedo outputs from the pcm directly to the cluster no worries at all.

you dont need all the wiring for the bcm/pim to work. just enough if you also want to have the mode/set button thingo to work too.

that's what i did in a couple of my drag cars
Aaron180
cars: VE Maloo
S13 Silvia

Re: Serial data on dash in ls1 swapped Silvia

Post by Aaron180 »

I connected the cluster and trip computer switch to a battery and that works fine without the PIM and BCM. Which wires does the BCM need just for the coolant and warning signals to work?