L67 using vs exec delco ecu on ls7 card maf (from ls2 maf)

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vHell83
cars: Supercharged VH V6

L67 using vs exec delco ecu on ls7 card maf (from ls2 maf)

Post by vHell83 »

As it states, i am currently running an ls2 maf and i am close to maxing it out with the 2.37" pulley I've got on.

I have seen a few builds go further without the use of map as they went to a card maf from an ls7 but have been told that the card maf requires certain hacks to get going.

I'd like to know if anyone has had experience with setting up a card maf and could point me in the right direction? Car is setup to live tune and have tunerpro RT completing the job.
The1

Re: L67 using vs exec delco ecu on ls7 card maf (from ls2 ma

Post by The1 »

no hacks, it's just alot different range, so the fueling will be out quite a bit compared to the traditional maf's, the size of pipe you put it in changes things to.
vHell83

Post by vHell83 »

The1 wrote:no hacks, it's just alot different range, so the fueling will be out quite a bit compared to the traditional maf's, the size of pipe you put it in changes things to.

So are you saying i just need to get it fitted then get the vehicle tuned immediately after?
The1

Post by The1 »

Yep fit it up, then you'll need to retune fueling, itl be out across the board, it should start and idle enough to start using wideband. As for pipe size 4" is what a couple of people have said works best
vHell83

Post by vHell83 »

The1 wrote:Yep fit it up, then you'll need to retune fueling, itl be out across the board, it should start and idle enough to start using wideband. As for pipe size 4" is what a couple of people have said works best
Thanks.

Once i work it all out i'll repost back here with the results