Rev hang between gears

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
gasute
cars: VY V6 Ute

Rev hang between gears

Post by gasute »

Hi all,
I have rev hanging when changing gears in my VY manual V6 eg. when i push the clutch in and let off the throttle it stays around 3000rpm (sometimes slightly increasing) and doesn't drop until i change. After lots of reading it appears this is normal and possibly done for emissions.
I was wondering if anyone has found the maps/scalers for the iac that can remedy this situation assuming it is the factory tune causing this?
Regards,
Matt
The1

Re: Rev hang between gears

Post by The1 »

Is it factory setup with factory tune? Shouldn't do it, is IAC valve free and working? Throttle blade not sticking? No fault codes? Could be tps sensor sticking high also
gasute

Post by gasute »

Yeah factory everything still. The fist thing I did was remove cleaned and spit on all the usual culprits then i started to do some research and apparently it is a normal condition? i am not a fan
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

This is like DBW in newer cars, not good for the syncros in the gearbox. Dumbest idea ever.

If you rev your VY in N while standing still, does it do the same? if not then its probably programed to do it or perhaps maybe TPS issue? I noticed my VP did a similar think when the TPS shaft end cap fell off when replacing the TPS and it went a bit revvy after but did get a TPS fault code. But in my case it also did that in N while not moving.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I assume no fault codes are logged?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
gasute

Post by gasute »

No codes are logged. I still am thinking its a tune thing as there are lots of posts about it.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I think I've heard of the same thing if the wrong calibration was used, but you said everything was stock, as in still the original PCM in the vehicle & untouched?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Its called throttle follower or throttle cracker. The PCM adds IAC steps to smooth out throttle transitions and reduce emissions. Takes the place of the old mechanical dash pot. Not sure if these tables/scalars are defined in many XDFs though.
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

Yes my stock VY V6 manual ute has always done it from new. Don't notice it much with a stock exhaust, but I am told you do more so with a noisier exhaust note.
gasute

Post by gasute »

Ok cheers guys i will just live with it.