need help getting started

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Shoslr
cars: Vn calais 355
Vn race car v6 sc14 supercharged

need help getting started

Post by Shoslr »

Hey fellas,
well ive spent a good part of 12 months on and off trying to wrap my head around this stuff and im no closer to achieving anything.

I have a vn v6 track car with a sc14 on it. (now with a vr motor as i blew up my vn s1 engine) (i know these blowers are useless, and i have blown one motor already running it off a ebay memcal).

i purchased the nvram and usb gizmo from anton over 12 months ago. all soldered in and i plugged it into another running vn i have to make sure the LED light comes on which it did.
ive removed a shit load of wiring from the car to have only the basics in it. im still trying to get power to the ecu in the track car as i cant get the LED light to come on but thats another work in progress.

ive downloaded tunerproRT and found some bins on this site which i down loaded. thats as far as i can get.
what do i do with the file once its downloaded? how can i open it up in tunerpro?
i have a mate who tunes ls1's which when i can get all the basics up, he will be able to help modify the tune, but i need to be able to at least get a stock tune loaded up to give us a starting point.

also i cant get my head around what the flash tool program does??

i am totally dumb when it comes to computer jargin so if you can pretend your trying to teach a 5year old, i should be fine LOL

really appreciate any help you can give.

cheers fellas
Steve
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: need help getting started

Post by Charlescrown »

I wouldn't blame the SC for the engine blowup but one of many other factors. Your best bet is to run the 12P program as it works with boost. You can download it from here and there's also the XDF which TunerPro needs to see the bin file in common sense.
Shoslr
cars: Vn calais 355
Vn race car v6 sc14 supercharged

Post by Shoslr »

Hey mate. Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for my dumbness but whats a xdf mate.
Thats the issue im trying to figure out atm.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its a tunerpro definition file, it tells tunerpro what is in the calibration and where. ADX is for logging, it describes the datastream that matches your tune and usually includes a dashboard telling tunerpro how to draw up the data from the car.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396