Vt v6 in transit van

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
gasute
cars: VY V6 Ute

Vt v6 in transit van

Post by gasute »

Hey guys i have just installed a vt v6 in my old transit van and was wondering how important the road speed value the pcm sees is. I am using a god as a speedometer but the real value from the pcm is much higher. I am assuming it’s something to do with a differential value. Is important to change the values to suit the new diff or are there other settings that need to be changed when installing a motor into a different vehicle. I was not sure if this affects the drivability or fuel consumption if left unchanged.?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vt v6 in transit van

Post by vlad01 »

Mainly used for drive to idle transitions, spark tip in/out retarding etc.. if its an auto I think it also plays a roll in the shift table although I don't have experience with electronic autos.

Its easy to adjust. Look for the VSS PPK scalar and alter the value based on the difference in diff ratio or just go by GPS and play with the number until it matches the speed.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Re: Vt v6 in transit van

Post by delcowizzid »

If you change the ppk you need to do all the shift tables easier to just leave it stock so it shifts at the same rpm as stock .or if you have the gear and the time you can remap the whole lot to suit
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem