Programming NVRAM with GQ-4x4

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
rhys_main

Programming NVRAM with GQ-4x4

Post by rhys_main »

Hi all,
Wondering if someone can give me a quick run down of the correct procedure for working with the GQ-4x4 software.
I managed to work out how to write 12p files onto an EEPROM chip using the stack function in TP, however I’m not having the same luck with the NVRAM chip. (Believe it corrupted so trying to re-write)
I presumed that I could just stack 12p BIN four times and write it... but no luck so far.

If anyone can give me some guidance regarding where/how to define offsets it would be very much appreciated!
Also whether there are certain setting in the GQ-4x4 software that I should be looking at.

Thanks in advance for help with what might seem simple to you guys :oops:
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Programming NVRAM with GQ-4x4

Post by vlad01 »

There should be a stacked bin already in the 12P zip file to suit the NVRAM size.

Just choose the device from the list on the software for the programmer as the part number on the NVRAM. Just write straight to it with no offset, don't do erase or blank check as the NVRAM doesn't work like an EEPROM. You just write straight over the previous content.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
rhys_main

Re: Programming NVRAM with GQ-4x4

Post by rhys_main »

Thanks vlad!
I found my issue... i had to lift the chip slightly before locking it in... one of the legs must not have been making good contact.