Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
delcowizzid

Re: Enhanced Mod Custom Tunes

Post by delcowizzid »

On the e85 1uzfe turbo my mate races it has an injector and a oil catch can converted with a pump in it to prime the inlet with petrol or it won't start it also runs a crank driven fuel pump that doesn't help either but no amount of cranking will get it to start without petrol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

delcowizzid wrote:... no amount of cranking will get it to start without petrol
That just seems to be the classic fire triangle (heat, fuel, oxygen).... remove one dont have fire :P

cheers
oldn64
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

E85 isnt too bad when cold, but you need stacks of cranking fuel. Basically below about 20 deg C forget there is any ethanol when cranking, only the 15% petrol is going to light off the rest is going to do pretty much nothing. My 20 deg C PW is 48ms, stock V6 is 60 ms - essentially it is 60ms stock * 2 for not having the ethanol light off * (20lb stock inj / 80lb my injectors) * 1.5 for E85 = 45ms. Start with that calculation and it will get you close.

First start for a month or two. Its not really cold (16 deg C) as the car is garaged, but fires up the same even below 10 deg C...
cold start.png
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

that's good info! I've had a lot of trouble starting my FX on E85 but haven't gotten around to working out what it needs, but that will be a good starting point!
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Cheers vl400. Only problem is, with enhanced I can’t get the cranking pulse widths long enough. After you adjust the injector flow rate, it seems to automatically adjust those tables and then using that calc it’ll the pw. I checked in the xdf to see if there was a limit or something I could increase but can’t see how to increase it. I know with the flash pcm’s you could increase the injector multiplier limit
The1

Post by The1 »

adjusted the "Crank Table Scalar For Max Crank Pulse Width " scalar ?
Wade

Post by Wade »

Nah man, I’ll have a look. Thank you
Wade

Post by Wade »

and heres another tune. has the gnx timing maps with around 20deg pulled out. with a lose wg clamp and after blowing the fuel pressure reg vac line off it still smashes turbo skylines and xr6 turbo's :driving:
Attachments
E85 VY_V6_SC_$07_Enhanced_v1.2.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
8.7.18 turbo log.xdl
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 633 times